Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

See y'all soon... Moving to DFW

Old 04-06-2017, 01:01 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts
Default See y'all soon... Moving to DFW

We were contemplating a relo back to SoCal but things did not work out, and then my wife received a job offer from a company in Dallas that we could not ignore. Although we've really enjoyed the past 9 years in MN, we feel it is the right move for us at this time and most importantly, it will finally allow our family to be in the same city during the week. So, there will be one less 964 in MN and one more in TX!

The good news is that we put our home on the market a month ago, accepted an offer shortly thereafter, and all contingencies were lifted yesterday. The bad news is that we are closing here in MN on June 12 and we are still looking for a new home in Dallas. The frustration level is growing after losing out on two homes due to multiple offer situations. So, if you see a family living in their 964 in the streets of Dallas, honk and I'll wave.

Anyway, we look forward to meeting some of the locals and I am excited at the prospect of driving the 964 year round as opposed to storing it for nearly half the year.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats on the job and relocation. The DFW 964 group is strong. Myself, vagluv, tfitch03, Super90, earlydays, bobaines, and others.

The DFW housing market is going gangbusters and f'd up if you are looking to buy. Good luck with that.

What area of the metroplex will you be working and looking to live in?
Old 04-06-2017, 03:27 PM
Super90
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Keep us posted and please reach out if we can help.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:10 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Thanks to both of you, it is crazy times right now.

We're looking to buy in the Park Cities and it has been very frustrating. It seems that the market has gone completely insane and it's like a shark feeding frenzy when a home comes on the market. Granted we're looking to buy at the low end of the market (if there is such a thing in that area) like everyone else, but people are throwing stupid money at the sellers.

I currently WFH but may have to go into the office in Addison, or at least make a guest appearance a few days a week. My wife's company is in Irving, but they are looking for a new site to consolidate all employees in one location. Not sure where that'll be, thinking it will take at least a year before anything happens.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:14 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by LPMM
...I am excited at the prospect of driving the 964 year round as opposed to storing it for nearly half the year.
Now there's a bonus! Year around 964 use!
Looking forward to seeing many top down pictures of your wide body as you discover the lay of the land. Good luck with the move.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:40 PM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Laurent, we'll certainly miss you but I hope your move to Dallas goes well.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:43 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 94 Posts

You may sell the 964 to me and have the extra $ to outbid the offers on the home you like.... #evillaugh
Old 04-06-2017, 08:02 PM
tfitch03
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to linking up with you when you make it down! If you want to ship the car down early, I will be happy to store it and keep it running for you until you arrive.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:34 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Now there's a bonus! Year around 964 use!
Agreed Udo, not a bad tradeoff.

Originally Posted by HalV
Laurent, we'll certainly miss you but I hope your move to Dallas goes well.
Thanks Hal. Looking forward to being in the same city as my wife M-F, it's been a tough 6.5 years.

Originally Posted by tfitch03
Looking forward to linking up with you when you make it down! If you want to ship the car down early, I will be happy to store it and keep it running for you until you arrive.
Same here Thomas but I don't think you'd want to ride redneck style, I am in the middle of some electrical work on the 964 so the dash is apart and wires are everywhere. Enjoy the Hill Country run, looking forward to next year's edition.

Originally Posted by Cadrega
You may sell the 964 to me and have the extra $ to outbid the offers on the home you like.... #evillaugh
I may and...
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2017, 04:44 AM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 223 Posts

This thread might be dangerous for my wallet... is there a RLer in northern DFW that would consider shipping a set of wheels to NY for me?
Old 04-07-2017, 10:09 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Wow that was quick. Best luck with the move. Hope everything works out the way you expect.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:00 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Thanks Anthony. Yes, everything is moving very quickly, hence why I had to stop lusting after your friend's Targa. Maybe some other day.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:19 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Originally Posted by LPMM
Thanks Anthony. Yes, everything is moving very quickly, hence why I had to stop lusting after your friend's Targa. Maybe some other day.
There will always be others. Glad it is working out for you.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:45 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Success at last but what a ride. Cliff notes for the past 3 weeks:

2 homes went into multiple offers and we lost out; we pulled out of another 2 after the owners decided not to budge; 1 fell through after the owners took their home off MLS in the middle of negotiations; and after being the top offer on one more (multiple offers again), we rescinded our bid when the sellers made additional outrageous demands.

While the sellers were trying to convince us to reconsider on that last one, I sent my wife to look at another home that had come on the market a couple days earlier. We did not initially consider it because it was at a higher price point than we had budgeted, however my wife really liked it (hope I do too) and we made offer #7 for those who are counting. Turned out to be Lucky 7, the seller and his agent were very responsive, and within hours we had a deal in place.

Since things were moving fast, we decided not to buck the trend, so we will be closing on the home at the end of May and moving in over Memorial Day Weekend.

Obligatory pic of the new digs. Hope to meet the locals at some point.
Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2017, 10:54 AM
tfitch03
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Park Cities it is! Love the house, I hope you negotiated the adirondacks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: See y'all soon... Moving to DFW