Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

See y'all soon... Moving to DFW

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:06 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I should check in on RL more often!

What a horrible buying process, but it looks like you found a good one! Will be lots of fun to get together once you make it down. It will most likely just be Tom and I, as Ramon and Robert have their cars apart more than together...
Old 04-24-2017, 09:17 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Important decisions are never easy but looks like a fairytale ending. Love the street presence and am I seeing a detached garage with tall ceilings?

Congrats.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:56 PM
Super90
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vagluv
I guess I should check in on RL more often!

What a horrible buying process, but it looks like you found a good one! Will be lots of fun to get together once you make it down. It will most likely just be Tom and I, as Ramon and Robert have their cars apart more than together...
Looking forward to your arrival. And yes, some of us will be more helpful than others from a technical standpoint.

Keep us posted on the move schedule !!

R.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:33 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Well, the excitement was short lived and the saga continues. A lot of deferred maintenance came up during inspection with big $$ associated and the deal killer was when our inspector advised us to have a structural engineer look at the foundation. It did not help the seller's cause that he was a huge jerk, so we terminated.

We have to be out of our current home by 5/25, so we will stop our home search for now to concentrate on finding a short term rental. The race is on to find a temporary place and it'll be best to just find a furnished rental for the time being. We will have the movers hold our belongings in their storage facility and I'll most likely leave the 964 up here in storage until we find a home to purchase.

As much as we would love the Park Cities, the prices have become so ridiculous that we are being priced out. We are looking at other options such as Richardson ISD (Richardson HS/Pearce HS), Plano West HS, and ??? (Wilson HS?) Thinking about Caroll HS in Southlake but may be too much of a drive and we are not crazy about PUDs with HOAs. Any ideas and/or recommendation on good schools (HS), feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by LPMM; 04-26-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:22 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Originally Posted by LPMM
Well, the excitement was short lived and the saga continues. A lot of deferred maintenance came up during inspection with big $$ associated and the deal killer was when our inspector advised us to have a structural engineer look at the foundation. It did not help the seller's cause that he was a huge jerk, so we terminated.

We have to be out of our current home by 5/25, so we will stop our home search for now to concentrate on finding a short term rental. The race is on to find a temporary place and it'll be best to just find a furnished rental for the time being. We will have the movers hold our belongings in their storage facility and I'll most likely leave the 964 up here in storage until we find a home to purchase.

As much as we would love the Park Cities, the prices have become so ridiculous that we are being priced out. We are looking at other options such as Richardson ISD (Richardson HS/Pearce HS), Plano West HS, and ??? Thinking about Caroll HS in Southlake but may be too much of a drive and we are not crazy about PUDs with HOAs. Any ideas and/or recommendation on good schools (HS), feel free to let me know. Thanks.
Ouch That sucks.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Maybe check the Castle Hills subdivision in Lewisville (actual geographic location is between NW Carrollton and The Colony, near SH121).
Old 04-26-2017, 12:44 PM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

Congrats, looks like you have some garage space in the back. May it be plentiful!

I hate cookie cutter builders who think a 20x20 is adequate garage space. I hope Texas follow through with its saying of things being bigger there!
Old 05-01-2017, 01:51 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Hey Laurent, sorry to hear youre having more issues. Possibly too far out as well, but not as bad as Southlake; I've heard good things about flower mound and grapevine schools.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:15 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Update: After our home purchase fell through, we decided to expand our search to other areas and considered a couple of homes, one had a fantastic lot but the home had some issues (no wonder the sellers were reluctant to release the disclosures), and the other went under contract a couple of hours after my wife previewed it. Bummer.

With our home sale day fast approaching, we were making plans to have our stuff shipped directly into storage and renting a corporate type apartment for a couple of months, when a home came on the market 2 nights ago. I immediately called the agent and asked her to get my wife in that same night or first thing in the morning. There was already a showing within 2 hours of being on the market, so the appointment was for 8am yesterday at the same time another couple was previewing it. After the preview, my wife called me and gave the thumbs up so we wrote a full price offer and met the sellers preferred closing day.

Of course, it could not be that easy.. the home went into multiple offers and we had until 2pm yesterday to resubmit, which we did. There was no way we were going to lose out on it and at 5pm yesterday the sellers agent called that we had the home. We scheduled an inspection for this morning at 8am, the home passed with flying colors (minus the usual petty stuff), closing is set for 5/23, and possession for 5/29. This might be the fastest listing/purchase/inspection/closing this side of the Mississippi, 24 hours between preview/agreement/inspection, and 11 days to close.

The house is in Coppell which turns out to be great since our daughter is into competitive swimming. Their club team is really good and the HS team just hired a great coach, former #1 in the world and member of the Dutch national swim team. The home is also 10mn from my wife's work which really eases on the commuting time BUT the real bonus is that it has a 2-car attached garage for her and the usual garage junk (bicycles, etc..) PLUS another 2-car detached for yours truly. The ceiling is low at 8ft but since there are no living quarters above, some of my first improvements will be vaulted ceilings and a lift (technical part since this is a technical forum).

Thanks to all who responded and gave their input. We are super excited about the way things turned out, a lot of disappointments and stress led to a major positive outcome in the end. So, see y'all soon.
Attached Images   

Last edited by LPMM; 05-13-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:08 AM
Parman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats. Does that mean you have a vacant bay waiting for another P car?
Old 05-13-2017, 01:28 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Nice! Congrats! I'm just a few exits north from Coppell on 121.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:57 AM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Ohh that is one great looking house! What a roller coaster. Congrats on finally finding a place.

The market is so scorching hot in Victoria / Vancouver BC right now most offers are all cash way over ask and with no subjects such as inspections. Even then many houses go into multiple offers and sell for 100k over.

Just before the market took off here we looked at lots of houses in our preferred neighbourhood when a great house came up in within our budget. We viewed it the same day it came on the market and offered full price 520k expiring that evening. We heard nothing back and by morning another offer was submitted. The other offer was 536k but they still accepted our full price offer! We had met the owners by showing up early for the viewing (retired couple downsizing) and they met our 1 yr old. They had lived in the house for 35+ years and liked that we were going to raise a family in their home. The owner loved and restored Model As and Ts and had a two car garage in the house and a detached work shop behind the house that will fit three more cars. I was sold!
Old 05-13-2017, 09:17 AM
LPMM
Drifting

@ Parman - Maybe in the future.
@ Vandit - Looking forward to meeting you and others
@ TouringTeg - Market is really hot in DFW right now, we had to do a cash offer and $11K over asking. I wasn't thrilled about it but not getting the home would have cost us more in storage/rental/etc... Besides, I read 4-car garage in the listing and I was sold!
Old 05-13-2017, 05:47 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

congrats and welcome to TX.

see you at cars and coffee, BMW plano first saturday each month... get there early if you want to get a spot to park.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:47 AM
fasterlaster
Racer

Congrats and welcome to Texas. Just don't oversteer and end up in that great pool.

Quick Reply: See y'all soon... Moving to DFW