Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling my 964, what's a reasonable price.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 12:37 AM
Derek911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C4inLA
Now in your Avatar, if we take a vertical line straight up from back of rear wheel to the 75% height mark, the layers in the rock go from light to dark... Could someone tell me the year and what mad event happened on Mother Earth that caused such a thing? Great Avatar, GLWS....
We are about to take this thread in a different direction.... But I would assume water is at play. The light color is clearly different mineral deposits, possibly salts from water, then a dry spell will leave darker organic matterial, plants, dirt and animals. The OP will have to reveal the photo location, then us home geologist can decipher the clues.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:43 AM
Derek911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crg53
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. My problem is where I live there are no Porsche 964 for sale, I think all of Canada may have only a handful, and they would be back east, so no way for me to compare price to condition of the car.
The 964 market is global, not local. Look at 964 prices everywhere. Especially USA market. See what's on rennlist market, cars.com, eBay, bring a trailer, all the online selling portals. Then set your price accordingly. You will have interested people from all over the place, not just Canada. I got on a plane to look at cars when I was looking. Someone may buy it without even seeing it, which is not unusual, but I don't recommend it. If someone is spending $35,000 or over on a classic car, $500 in airfare should be factored into the price. I will never buy a car unless I see it for myself.

Also, where did you take your avatar picture. We have a side topic going on about the geological events.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:31 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

these threads are typical of RL

Owner posts asking questions. Peanut gallery shows up.

All owners post "it's a 100k car!!"

All buyer say "it's a 50k car!"

The one who shows up with the $ is right. If no calls with offers, too high, if too many calls with offers, too low.

You'll figure it out.

Let's just say my sell experience on RL last 5 years has been POOR, I get more $ from dealers! My buy experience has been pretty good. But I offer fair, not low ball like many buyers here.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:04 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

looks good. good luck
Old 03-29-2017, 02:20 AM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jus a bit of levity before flinging $$$$$$$$
Old 03-29-2017, 03:33 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Earlydays
+ 1 on the repaint...was it because of an accident??
I have no records form previous owners, so why it was repainted, can only be guesswork. When I bought the car back in 2007, I checked Carfax and Carproof, and the only records there were from Carproof. They stated that it was repainted, for as far as I remember the amount of $8000, but it was NOT due to an accident.
I have been all over this car in the past 10 years, and have seen no evidence of body repair. What surprises most people when they look at the car, is the age, they think it's brand new. Looking under the car, there is absolutely no rust, engine tin is as new, every nut and bolt I have ever tried to loosen, has come right off, as it was put on there yesterday.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:56 PM
FlyinTomato
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also noticed there are a few users constantly bashing on the prices. no matter how much others are suggesting, these couple guys still think too high, yet they arent prospect buyers.

To OP, list high for a beautiful car, room for negotiation.

Originally Posted by Spyerx
these threads are typical of RL

Owner posts asking questions. Peanut gallery shows up.

All owners post "it's a 100k car!!"

All buyer say "it's a 50k car!"

The one who shows up with the $ is right. If no calls with offers, too high, if too many calls with offers, too low.

You'll figure it out.

Let's just say my sell experience on RL last 5 years has been POOR, I get more $ from dealers! My buy experience has been pretty good. But I offer fair, not low ball like many buyers here.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:07 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyinTomato
I also noticed there are a few users constantly bashing on the prices. no matter how much others are suggesting, these couple guys still think too high, yet they arent prospect buyers.

To OP, list high for a beautiful car, room for negotiation.
That is why it is worth nothing LOL and who would want those awful sport seats. Just hand over the keys and well be done.

Seriously if all checks out it is a valuable car and if you are happy with $55k than hold firm for a while and it will either sell or not but I don't think you should have any issues unless the car does. If it were me i would explore the unknowns and if it has no issues up the price if it does maybe a tad lower.

GLWS.

PS: having all the original parts would help.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:18 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Get some dialog going with this guy and It should take most of the pricing and market guesswork out of it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...condition.html
Old 03-29-2017, 10:36 PM
dlb
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandit
Get some dialog going with this guy and It should take most of the pricing and market guesswork out of it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...condition.html
I am that guy, and I just shipped my car off today to its new owner. i already regret it. Message me.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:20 PM
DTMLGND
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dlb
I am that guy, and I just shipped my car off today to its new owner. i already regret it. Message me.
Take heed OP

You have a very nice car!

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my 964, what's a reasonable price.