Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got it dyno'd! (plot included)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 08:14 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The plan is to use a piggy back system. but if stock system doesn't have load sensors then I don't think its going to do much - probably 5-10%. In which case then I will go for a full engine mgt system - looked at Autronic but have been suggested a sexy TAG system - good for i think 10-15% increase. Won;t be rushing into this as it's bigger than normal bucks and if not done right will screw everything up.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:55 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

The 964 does not use throttle position for definining the maps (MoTec systems must add a linear sensor to do this) the A/F meter and the 02 sensor define the position on the fuel map that your car runs in at any given time. A typical DME map contains a ton of variables and possible fuel maps.
your car should run pretty steady at 12-13 from before torque peak to power drop off. I would be concertive at first and tune it in from there. Say start at 13 then work down to 12.5 then 12, if possible 11.5 for high Rpms.
I would look for a nice flat ratio from low to high. Remember this will all depend on Gas quality, engine health, valve guides, etc. take it slow and you should be able to get it delevering max punch. your car is pretty stong to begin with (the headers i think ) and it's a daily driver so it gets a good bit of low rev's. you don't want to get it too far on the edge (or over it).
Old 11-17-2003, 04:05 AM
rutz964C4
Racer

Originally posted by pzull
I just did a air/fuel mix test on my car on the road since there aren't any AWD dynos near me.
How can you make this yourself?

ALEX
Old 11-17-2003, 05:00 AM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Essentially a high-end O2 gas analyzer (same as what they use for dyno tuning) shoved into the tail pipe and screwed down onto tailpipe with wires running into the cabin through windows and and operator collecting the data for various driving conditions - it's not legal but what can one do Oh and wires running from the front connected to the battery for power

It's easy to do WOT in 2nd and 3rd but part throttle is not very accurate since it sort of estimated 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 throttle. Extra load testing using slopes. Guess it's not NASA standard but better than just guessing that all is hunky dory with the motronic tuning
Old 11-17-2003, 07:50 AM
rutz964C4
Racer

Originally posted by joey bagadonuts

Alex, I didn't enter a weight because it is not necessary for the 0-60 measurements--just a level surface. Weight is for hp and other values which I did not measure (but I understand from the Tech running the dyno machine that the G-Tech hp numbers are pretty accurate, as well).
Hi Joey

This weekend I could only make a not very good test of the "before" I could only make a HP run and a 0-60 run.

For the HP run the result was 215HP with 3.200Lbs entered the only problem is that where the test was carried it is a bit up hill and I didn´t "press" as I should in the first gears. (Highway test)

For HP last week I also carried another test and the result was 279HP "way too high".

For the 0-60 I could only carry out also another test (also in the highway) the launch was horrible so as the result I must say that this weekend it has been rainning as hell and at that time the highway seemed like a river, the result was 6,6.

ALEX
Old 11-17-2003, 08:20 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alex

Unless you actually know what your car weighs then the HP figure will alywas be wildly inaccurate. IMHO it will be quite inaccurate anyway.

3200lbs sounds weigh too low for me. I think if you weight around 180 and that you have half a tank of fuel in, that you should be considering a weight of 3400lbs+.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:48 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Exactly what I was going to say. The first time I had my car corner-balanced, the weight was right around 3,400 lbs so Christer's estimate is spot on.

So Alex, how did the installation go?
Thanks for the follow up!
Old 11-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Christer
Race Car

Joey, as well as that your seats are also a lot lighter perhaps? (I don't know what Alex has of course...)

I would jsut use the Gtech for 0-60 - anything else is a bit of a lottery...
Old 11-17-2003, 02:23 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

My car was 3,400 with the standard seats. Today, it's down maybe 100 lbs due to seat and exhaust removal. The rollbar added some back.

Quick Reply: Finally got it dyno'd! (plot included)