Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recaro seats in 964 recipe?

Old 12-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Johns Pcar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recaro seats in 964 recipe?

Yes, I have done some searching. I come up with many different and confusing answers. I understand why there may be many answers. I'm looking for a simple setup. I'm not looking to do a bunch of machine and fab work for some custom system I can brag about. Can anyone simply explain to me their combo of parts and where you got them? Thank you!!!

I'm looking at Recaro Spg. I would like them both to slide.

Do i need the recaro or Brey-Krouse side mounts?
Can those attach to my stock oem sliders? OR do I need the Recaro sliders?
If I need the Recaro sliders where do you obtain them from? Are they just universal or do I need 964 specif units?

If anyone has a set up and wants to sell let me know. Thank you for you answers.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:15 PM
apanossi
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Got my recaro PP setup from Carnewal, which included 2 seats, recaro standard steel mounts, Porsche RS seat belt extension, and recaro sliders. Additional bolts and washers were purchased from McMaster. Shopping list is available on Spyerx's build thread. You can use your stock sliders if they are not electric, but you will likely still need to drill holes for the mounting points for the new seats. I think a lot of people, including myself, don't want to drill the stock sliders. Unless you get someone's seat setup that has already been drilled and installed in a 964, then you will need to do the drilling yourself.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:06 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 1,057 Posts

its a puzzle. Basics are:
seats, sliders, side mounts, seat belt mount (RS one), bolts, nuts, washers, a drill, and a lot of patience

For me I have: recaro pole position, recaro aluminum side mounts, recaro dual locking sliders.

Search my build thread I think I detail some of this out, and there are a few posts by Bill Verburg that are really good that I used as a basis.
The following users liked this post:
911-140.6 (01-12-2021)
Old 12-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

Recaro does make a Porsche specific adapter kit for installing Recaro race seats into your 964. I used to sell these in a previous life. Comes with all the necessary hardware, but you will have to purchase the Recaro side mounts for the SPG separately. Stable Energies sells these and is a Recaro stocking dealer, and like OG Racing, they are a PCA Club Racing and Rennlist Sponsor.

http://www.stableenergies.com/Recaro...nfo/REC-BKT-P/

Brey Krause does make a Recaro SPG specific side mount with works in conjunction with Recaro flat sliders. http://www.ogracing.com/brey-krause-...pro-racer-seat

If you go the Brey Krause route, you will also need the BR9005 tunnel side seat belt adapter for a place to attach the receiver for your stock 3pt seatbelt if you want to retain use of it for street use. http://www.ogracing.com/brey-krause-...at-belt-anchor

And like Spyerx said, you will also need patience when doing your first seat install.

Kind regards,
Old 12-28-2016, 07:07 PM
Johns Pcar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Looks like I could have close to a grand in just mounts/brackets. Is that about right?
Old 12-28-2016, 10:35 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts

If you do the Recaro sides, aim for Aluminum. As others have said, duel sliders are nice. If possible, the leather wears really well. Follow Bill's tutorial along with making sure you opt for the RS receptacle mount.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:10 AM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 105 Posts

These threads have good info:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...where-buy.html

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...g-c-2-a-2.html

I'm in the process as well, and I'm hoping to track down some Speedware brackets. Does anyone know if they're still in business?

Also, has anyone used the Rennline side mount brackets?
Old 12-28-2017, 01:35 AM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

resurrecting an old thread rather than starting a new one. I think a lot of this translates, but I;m considering a Sparco bucket instead of recaro as it fits my body shape better. Are all the pieces mentioned here transferable if I just buy the Sparco seat mount brackets? Or does changing that 1 puzzle piece complete throw off the whole thing?
Old 12-28-2017, 02:22 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Andrews
resurrecting an old thread rather than starting a new one. I think a lot of this translates, but I;m considering a Sparco bucket instead of recaro as it fits my body shape better. Are all the pieces mentioned here transferable if I just buy the Sparco seat mount brackets? Or does changing that 1 puzzle piece complete throw off the whole thing?
I have a Sabelt GT30 seat in my garage that a fellow 964 owner paid big dollars to fit to his car. It highlighted how difficult the 964 cabin is for seat fitment, particularly the tunnel side. It would pay to make sure whatever you try to fit is suitable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recaro seats in 964 recipe?