Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 headlights upgrade options at present

Old 11-14-2016, 05:14 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello again Guys,

I've ordered 3 sets at $42.10 per set with free shipping, they should arrive in about 5 weeks.

If anyone is still struggling and needs a set I will have 2 sets of Cree H4 R3 LED Lighting System sets spare but it's easy enough to set up an account and order them for yourself (see my previous post).

Cheers,
Paul
Old 11-14-2016, 06:02 PM
me61ic
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul284pt
Hello again Guys,

I've ordered 3 sets at $42.10 per set with free shipping, they should arrive in about 5 weeks.

If anyone is still struggling and needs a set I will have 2 sets of Cree H4 R3 LED Lighting System sets spare but it's easy enough to set up an account and order them for yourself (see my previous post).

Cheers,
Paul
Thanks a lot! I ordered a set tonight and I will be ordering another tomorrow to a different address. I did not want to order 2 together so I don't have problems with customs
Old 11-14-2016, 06:42 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Thanks a lot! I ordered a set tonight and I will be ordering another tomorrow to a different address. I did not want to order 2 together so I don't have problems with customs
Hi Ignacio,

Pleased to help. I'll let you know all know when I receive mine and if you would do the same people will know we have found a reliable supplier. Also to anyone else reading this, the sellers Singles Day discount is applicable for 2 more days before they revert to the original price of $72.59 per set.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 11-14-2016, 11:04 PM
salty87
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Fantastic price. This has been on my to-do list. Checking that site H5's don't seem to have an LED option. Is that correct or am I overlooking it?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2016, 12:08 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

my 964 came with some really nice PIAA bulbs which are much better then stock.
I am happy with them.

I wouldnt want to upgrade my lights to the Singer style as it just dosnt look right on a classic 964.
Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2016, 02:48 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hello again Guys,

Cheers,
Paul
me61ic

Hi Chaps,

I'm pleased to say my 3 sets of H4 R3 LED Headlight System arrived directly from China this morning (in less than 3 weeks) and everything is spot on, so we have ourselves a reputable direct supplier via this link

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...490754166.html

If anyone is desperate and can't follow the link I am prepared to sell ONE SET ONLY at cost i.e. $42.10 PLUS shipping. PLEASE NOTE you can get them directly from the supplier link above with FREE shipping yourself.

Cheers,
Paul

Last edited by Paul284pt; 11-28-2016 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Change of direct link
Old 11-28-2016, 05:54 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul284pt
Hi Chaps,

I'm pleased to say my 3 sets of H4 R3 LED Headlight System arrived directly from China this morning (in less than 3 weeks) and everything is spot on, so we have ourselves a reputable direct supplier via this link

If anyone is desperate and can't follow the link I am prepared to sell ONE SET ONLY at cost i.e. $42.10 PLUS shipping. PLEASE NOTE you can get them directly from the supplier link above with FREE shipping yourself.

Cheers,
Paul
I am curious too hear your opinion at night both driving and if you have anyone willing to give an oncoming vehicle critique. I am used to the 3000k halogen gives off I have seen some of these aftermarket lights installed around here that blind me to everything but their headlights. Don't know if they are 6000k or possibly higher or any number of reasons why that is.

I am curious how the cooling belt will fit in the headlight bucket. Is there anything saying they need circulating air?
Old 11-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
I am curious too hear your opinion at night both driving and if you have anyone willing to give an oncoming vehicle critique. I am used to the 3000k halogen gives off I have seen some of these aftermarket lights installed around here that blind me to everything but their headlights. Don't know if they are 6000k or possibly higher or any number of reasons why that is.

I am curious how the cooling belt will fit in the headlight bucket. Is there anything saying they need circulating air?
Hi Anthony,
Assuming the one coming headlights are aligned properly with appropriate cut off.
the higher kelvin (cooler ) appears to the human eye as brighter. this is because the rods and cone are more sensitive to blue (cooler kelvin temps) This is known as the "scotopic effect " You see more detail in this range and have greater visual acuity.. My 30 years of lighting experience says that 5000 kelvin is nice for driving .The light source can be HID which stands for high intensity discharge type lamp. Or LED .The latter being slightly more efficient but very sensitive to heat .

Hope that helps .

BTW
I have these LEDs for H4 new in the box if some one wants them PM me
Elliot
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2016, 01:51 AM
Dr Mitch
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salty87
Fantastic price. This has been on my to-do list. Checking that site H5's don't seem to have an LED option. Is that correct or am I overlooking it?

Thanks
I have seen H5 LED's advertised (CREE I think?)
Old 11-30-2016, 04:13 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi Anthony,

I can only reiterate what I have already said and I think the photos speak for themselves. So far I have not had anyone flash me complaining about lights being too bright or thing in their eyes but that as Elliot says would be more to do with setup and direction.

The heat sink webbing is simply opened up and sits neatly inside the rear of the bowl, there is no mention of a need for constant airflow and I have experienced no problems so far.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 11-30-2016, 04:29 PM
wallra
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
Default led lights

I put these in my cars head lights and driving lights. they have little fans inside to keep them cool.https://www.headlightrevolution.com/...bulbs-9004-hb1
Old 12-12-2016, 10:19 AM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi guys ,
Just to inform you ,
Went on Woodpeck website , order the lights and got them delivered after 5 days ,
Good luck to all
Konstantin
Old 12-12-2016, 10:33 AM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by wallra
I put these in my cars head lights and driving lights. they have little fans inside to keep them cool.https://www.headlightrevolution.com/...bulbs-9004-hb1

Thanks for sharing ,
It looks very well designed ,
Old 12-12-2016, 12:00 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

thanks all

i am still debating how to upgrade my 964 restoration project headlights

there has been various discussions above around the H4 LED upgrade path... i am thinking that is the first thing to do as it preserves the OEM look for the lights and the cost is reasonable compared to full Singer-style replacements... so can someone please tell me (for the USA market) what are the PROVEN options for this bulb upgrade and please provide instructions for install? i must admit i am not that handy so i would want super clear steps laid out ...
Old 12-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't get ahold of woodypeck so i ordered from China... been 3-4 weeks and still waiting!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 964 headlights upgrade options at present