cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by kreeshp
I went with OEM Euro H4 housings and these LED's:

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.co...ulb-_p_83.html

If I were to do this conversion today, I would use these LED's instead:

https://www.siriusledlights.com/coll...d-headlight-h4
I am going to give those Sirius LED's a try on your recommendation and see how they compare. More info to follow.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:41 PM
me61ic
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul284pt
Hi Guys,

I apologise for a double post but it seems there are a few threads on the same subject so I hope it helps. I've had these in for several months now and all I can say is I wish I'd done it earlier.

Here are some details ripped from my thread So It Begins here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...begins-38.html

And this from the following post with night shots.

Cheers for now,
Paul
I tried contacting Steve by email twice and never got a response from him... I wanted to get a set of these after seeing how happy you were with them and also asked about the rest of bulbs to replace all of them to LEDs
Old 10-29-2016, 03:01 AM
kreeshp
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cscrogham
I am going to give those Sirius LED's a try on your recommendation and see how they compare. More info to follow.
Go here to read more about the Sirius LED's:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ght-bulbs.html

The photos in that thread (LED vs halogen) speak for themselves.

Another bonus not already mentioned here is the reduced power consumption of LED's vs halogens. I'm running the RS single pulley mod and like that the reduced power needs of the LED headlights aren't as much of a strain on my charging system.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:20 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi ME61ic

I tried contacting Steve by email twice and never got a response from him... I wanted to get a set of these after seeing how happy you were with them and also asked about the rest of bulbs to replace all of them to LEDs
I'm really sorry that you haven't had any response, perhaps he's had a lot of emails on the business one and somehow missed it.

Here are Steve Jones' email addresses again if you want to have another bash, try the lower one.

woodypeck@outlook.com

and

bizman928@hotmail.co.uk

Good luck,
Paul
Old 10-29-2016, 04:35 PM
xgrudgex
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

I spoke to Steve yesterday, he was out of the UK for a few weeks. I would try again!
-Chris
Old 11-01-2016, 09:12 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
OEM H4 (or H1 if you have the funds) are a marked improvement over the H5. I wouldn't touch any aftermarket HID/LED type headlights with the proverbial 10' pole.
I have always been a fan of the H1's with a relay.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:17 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by cscrogham
OK just an FYI on my experience with the Sirius group, after a lot of back and forth I was not able to get the correct bulb and am sending my package back. In the end, they may have the correct part, but they don't seem to really know about our cars and it led to a big hassle. Not impressed with the customer service esp when we have great suppliers like Francois around.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:37 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by xgrudgex
I spoke to Steve yesterday, he was out of the UK for a few weeks. I would try again!
-Chris
I'd think twice, customer service is shocking.

It wasnt until i asked where mine were i received an email, and now nearly a month later, the BSA9 are still not here.

Pretty poor really.

I work in FM, my client is my business, comms are the lifeblood of what I do, for me, its poor at best.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed as well with no response
Old 11-12-2016, 05:52 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello Paul,
thanks for all the info and pictures, I spoke to Steve, I am going for this upgrade, recently drivng at night in the rain through Normandie was such a frustrating experience.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:11 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hello Paul,
thanks for all the info and pictures, I spoke to Steve, I am going for this upgrade, recently drivng at night in the rain through Normandie was such a frustrating experience.
Hi Konstantin,

You are welcome. It does sound as if you'll have to keep on Steve's tail but he was ok for me and the LED's will be well worth waiting for. I had a similar experience from Le Mans up to Le Mont St Michel last year in September. The weather was decent but I normally avoided going out night unless it was a short drive and I decided it was time to do something about it, no problems now though.

I never can understand that when some sellers have a potential earner that they take their foot off the gas for a while, supply problems at their end perhaps? In which case there may be another supplier out there.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 11-13-2016, 06:00 PM
jaudette3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope everyone is aware of these:

http://www.audettecollection.com/leds-for-porsches/

I sell a lot of them and have many satisfied customers.

Cheers,
John
Old 11-14-2016, 03:43 PM
me61ic
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul284pt
Hi ME61ic

I'm really sorry that you haven't had any response, perhaps he's had a lot of emails on the business one and somehow missed it.

Here are Steve Jones' email addresses again if you want to have another bash, try the lower one.

woodypeck@outlook.com

and

bizman928@hotmail.co.uk

Good luck,
Paul
Tried to get in contact for a second time with Steve to the second email you gave me, and again no response for more than 2 weeks. I am trying again tonight, I wrote from a different email address in case the problem is at my end, which I doubt, but just in case. This time I sent the message to both addresses you gave me. Let's see what happens this third time, if not I'll go anywhere else.

Thanks anyway for all your help

Ignacio
Old 11-14-2016, 04:19 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi Ignacio, Konstantin and everyone else who's getting frustrated with Steve at Woodypeck.

I've been feeling guilty and done a quick whiz around the inter-web for you, so don't despair there a loads of suppliers out there. Here are sets of H4 form www.aliexpress.com my son uses them a lot (think Chinese Ebay for those who are unaware) with free shipping (to UK anyway) and a big discount at the moment at $42.10 per set, a lot cheaper than what I paid. It's discounted from the Singles Day, a big thing in China.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Se...e-e3d064c31433

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT CONNECTOR ON THE WIRE - the link above is correct for UK and European cars, I'm not sure about US ones just check and search for the correct connector.

To find others just paste
Cree Auto R3 LED Lighting System
into your browser. Then go onto images and look for the same photos as mine (see page 1) with the copper web heat sinks. Then click on an image and follow the trail to visit each web page until you find what you need.

Please note to be more specific you can search for H4, H7 or whatever you need.

This is what I did countless times when I was searching for suppliers during the build for my car until I got what I wanted.

I've edited this because of better search results, so if your finding it different it's because here there is no minimum order on the link. I dare say Steve got his from a similar supplier in the first place.

Good luck,
Paul

Last edited by Paul284pt; 11-14-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:39 PM
toothfixer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really satisfied with my H4 and higher wattage bulbs with relays

Quick Reply: 964 headlights upgrade options at present