Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where have you taken your 964 for smog test in the Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 05:17 PM
Porsche930
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where have you taken your 964 for smog test in the Bay Area?

Hi, it's time for my 964 smog cert and renewal to Sacramento DMV, I'd like to check in and see which smog station(s) folks have had good experience with on our cars? Thanks!
Old 10-14-2016, 11:55 PM
Blu RS
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Smog Star Express, Concord CA

I've used Smog Star with my 55K miles 964 for at least three smog tests now and have had no problems with passing the test. Price is decent particularly if you get a coupon beforehand. I have absolutely no affiliation with the place. It's probably not a convenient location for someone in the city but this guy is so good to work with I just couldn't let it go without mentioning his business.

https://search.yahoo.com/local/s;_yl...hsimp=yhs-SF01
Old 10-15-2016, 01:25 AM
Parman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I have been using the 76 Station at John Daly Blvd/I280 in Daly City. They do my '94 964 and '94 E500.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:50 AM
Porsche930
Instructor

Blu RS and Parman, thank you for your replies. I will try to stop by both stations and check first.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:30 PM
Santa Cruz Red
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I've used Larry's Auto in Scotts Valley for many years. My car has dual exhausts, a chip, high-flow cat, RS cams, bigger intakes... and it still passes. These guys will first run a test cycle not connected to Big Brother so you can opt out if there's a problem. Probably a long drive for you, but Canepa Motorsports is just down the road and any drive down Hwy 1 is a good day. Cheers!
Old 10-15-2016, 08:00 PM
Porsche930
Instructor

Originally Posted by Santa Cruz Red
I've used Larry's Auto in Scotts Valley for many years. My car has dual exhausts, a chip, high-flow cat, RS cams, bigger intakes... and it still passes. These guys will first run a test cycle not connected to Big Brother so you can opt out if there's a problem. Probably a long drive for you, but Canepa Motorsports is just down the road and any drive down Hwy 1 is a good day. Cheers!
thank you Santa Cruz Red for your post. I'd love to drive down on highway 1 from Hercules on the next weekend and check out the area and Larry's smog station. My 964 is all stock except for the aftermarket CD unit, so I suppose it's going to be fine with the test. I wanted to find a station that knows or has done smog test on these cars but not messing with the engine setting or electrical. I like the idea to check out Canepa Motorsports while I'm in the neighborhood; unfortunately it looks like Larry is usually closed on the weekends.

Quick Reply: Where have you taken your 964 for smog test in the Bay Area?