interesting events in california during the next 3 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 03:03 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts
Default interesting events in california during the next 3 weeks

Hi Guys,
my girlfriend and me are heading to CAL next thuesday. Going to vegas and then doing the usual round trip to grand canyon, San Diego, L.A., SF and back to vegas.
We`re going to meet a friend of mine and doing some helicopter stuff in paso robles to some wineries...

We plan nothing special. Just a pure roadtrip (have a mustang convertible).

Do you`ve any hints for the trip? We`re in L.A arround the 7th - 10/th october and in SF around the 13th october...

Any porsche stuff to visit in cal (exect elefant racing, that`s already on my list, also laguna racetrack)? I would like to buy some unibal bushing all around for my blue car...

thx in advance!

thilo

PS: sorry for some typos. Was at octoberfest today and had three drinks :-)
Old 09-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Santa Cruz Red
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

If you're driving from LA to SF, a definite suggestion would be Canepa Motorsports in Scotts Valley, close to Santa Cruz, about one and half hours drive south of SF. If you could time your visit to be in the area on October 8th, they have one of the best "cars 'n coffee" events on the west coast. Cheers!

Old 09-23-2016, 09:13 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 119 Posts

Not terribly exciting but the brand new Porsche Dealership in Vegas has a "Classic" division and sometimes they have some pretty cool stuff and it's not too far from the Strip for a quick visit.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:47 AM
Nylasurf
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would check out the Porsche Experience Center that opened in Carson (off the 405 from LA to San Diego)19800 S. Main St, Carson, CA 90745. I am sure you have some routes picked out in the different areas, but I love running from Woodland hills to Leo Cabrillo State Beach on Mulholland HWY. North of San Diego in Fallbrook CPR Classic has lots of classic Air cooled cars in various stages of restoration.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:15 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

thx so far guys!
We`ll decide today (roughly) what to do during our trip ... i`ll include your hints!
Old 10-08-2016, 08:34 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

October 8th, they have one of the best "cars 'n coffee" events on the west coast. Cheers!
anybody out there tomorrow?
Old 10-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Porsche930
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koenig_roland
anybody out there tomorrow?
San Francisco Fleet Week this weekend twith Blue Angels flying @ Embarcadero waterfront today and again 3pm tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:18 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Are you in SoCal still? Tomorrow is supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills. Follow it up with a drive in Malibu.
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-...m=CgIgAQ%3D%3D

If you want a full monoball setup for your 964 pm me. Erp makes all their components in SoCal. Very high quality stuff. Spring plates, a arm bushings, swing arm bushings, camber plates, tie rods, rs inner tie rods... the works. Check my build thread for pics.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Santa Cruz Red
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Canepa cars 'n coffee... yes, was there, good turnout for the last event of the season. Are you still in the Bay Area?
Old 10-21-2016, 04:45 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

hi,
back in europe (and for the first time in the office after 3,5weeks of vacation in the states..)

Thanks for all answers, hints and especialy for the messages.

We did 4942km with the Camaro Convertible. Most of the time with the roof opened.

2d Vegas, Grand canyon with river rafting, Flagstaff, Classic Route 66, Palm Springs, Salton Sea, Justin (nice drive up to this nice village), San Diego, Del Mar, LA (Manhattan Beach, Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, Malibu), Passo robles with a trip to an winery with a helicopter and one day cruising with a 66 GTO from a buddy of mine, HW No 1 via Laguna Seca (a little bit watching a motorbike training) to S.F (Elefant, Canepa, Alcatraz, bike tour to golden gate), Yosemite, Death Valley and another two days in vegas...

Great trip. Great weather. Endless highways.... I enjoyed the days very much. Quite funny to participate the second TV event for the upcomming election in a pub and seeing the reactions of the other (native) visitors...

The only downside was the beer price over there and the prohibition of alcohol at the beach. Strange for us europeans :-). And you`re totally crazy with the stuff that`s called breakfast :lol:
Old 10-22-2016, 07:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by koenig_roland
hi, back in europe (and for the first time in the office after 3,5weeks of vacation in the states..) Thanks for all answers, hints and especialy for the messages. We did 4942km with the Camaro Convertible. Most of the time with the roof opened. 2d Vegas, Grand canyon with river rafting, Flagstaff, Classic Route 66, Palm Springs, Salton Sea, Justin (nice drive up to this nice village), San Diego, Del Mar, LA (Manhattan Beach, Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, Malibu), Passo robles with a trip to an winery with a helicopter and one day cruising with a 66 GTO from a buddy of mine, HW No 1 via Laguna Seca (a little bit watching a motorbike training) to S.F (Elefant, Canepa, Alcatraz, bike tour to golden gate), Yosemite, Death Valley and another two days in vegas... Great trip. Great weather. Endless highways.... I enjoyed the days very much. Quite funny to participate the second TV event for the upcomming election in a pub and seeing the reactions of the other (native) visitors... The only downside was the beer price over there and the prohibition of alcohol at the beach. Strange for us europeans :-). And you`re totally crazy with the stuff that`s called breakfast :lol:
Spent the same number of days in Europe. Compared to New Zealand you have a different beer culture e.g. The lack of lager louts at the Hirschgarten.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: interesting events in california during the next 3 weeks