Sponsored by:

Had my AC Panel Restored

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 12:21 PM
chuckoslovakia
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Had my AC Panel Restored

Wanted to share the restoration/refresh I just had on my 964 AC control panel. I've noticed a few other 964 cars in the wild that have faded, rubbed off, or missing sticker buttons on their units and it seems the only real fix is to buy a "new" CCU or replace it with a 993 one, and the conversion or cost for the panel is certainly quite a bit of money. Needless to say, I just let my CCU stay ugly in the car.

I had to ship the unit to a guy in Poland who did the restore, but it came out perfectly. He did a combination of sanding, transferring water decals, and some painting to it. The original pictures kind of suck, but you get the idea.

http://car-bone.pl/shop/restoration-ac-unit/

Old 09-20-2016, 05:49 PM
klokwerk
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Turned out looking brand new! Great job.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:31 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Good job. Some 944 and 968 (a/c and non-a/c) CCU control *****, vent sliders and buttons are also shared with the 964.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:16 PM
jgj
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckoslovakia
Wanted to share the restoration/refresh I just had on my 964 AC control panel. I've noticed a few other 964 cars in the wild that have faded, rubbed off, or missing sticker buttons on their units and it seems the only real fix is to buy a "new" CCU or replace it with a 993 one, and the conversion or cost for the panel is certainly quite a bit of money. Needless to say, I just let my CCU stay ugly in the car.

I had to ship the unit to a guy in Poland who did the restore, but it came out perfectly. He did a combination of sanding, transferring water decals, and some painting to it. The original pictures kind of suck, but you get the idea.

http://car-bone.pl/shop/restoration-ac-unit/

Been in correspondence with those guys at car-bone, they seem to share a passion for these vehicles. Refresh price does not seem outrageous when you include shipping from UK. Not sure about US. I'll be sending my my totally shyte unit over next month, will try to post before and after pictures.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:25 PM
mystert
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

All the buttons and faces are available from Porsche, I replaced my cracked face plate with a new one for about $50. You can do it all yourself unless its more cost effective to have some redo just the decals
Old 01-14-2017, 03:33 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 236 Posts

I have had several CCU switches in at Car Bone for restoration, and I am sorry to say that I am not pleased with the result. They stickers and covering laquer they use is easily peeled off with the nail, and does not stand up to any cleaning. It seems that their other products are of way better quality.
Cheers,
Tore

Quick Reply: Had my AC Panel Restored