Help Pricing my 964 Please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 08:30 PM
brakinglate
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Pricing my 964 Please.

Greetings folks.

Mostly a lurker , but have sold 3 cars on here to members in the last 10 years.

Looking for some help on my 964

I have no real understanding of market at present and am also a non techy guy as opposed to some of you cats.

My 964 is a Slate Grey Manual Coupe with a linen interior that I bought a couple of years ago and promptly put it into storage.

I registered the car a couple of months ago and had it smogged, it is a 46,000 mile 3 owner car, no accidents , I knew the previous owner. (I am in Los Angeles)

I had the car gone through completely on every level with open cheque book, by Swiss motors here in Cali , they did a complete evaluation, changed all fluids, new Battery, new hood strut, Aircon service, truck shocks replaced, etc etc.

The issues that I know of and that I need help on. I am debating selling as is, if I dont take too much a hit and its a win win, since I simply don't have a lot of time with a full schedule on my business.

1- There is a flaky spot on the rear bumper a small spot, that I was going to have resprayed, but held off. (tips on where to get that ?)

2- There is a front fog light cracked that Swiss forgot to replace (tips on where to get this ?)

3- There is subwwoofer and booster installed that I was going to remove as I like all original, they spent a fortune on it (has original headset still) but not my cuppa tea.

4- There appears to be a small cigarette burn in one of the rear bum seats ..it was a non smoker car so not sure how this happened probably a passenger but nonetheless annoying to me. (where would i go to get this sorted?)

Thats about it .

Looking for some advice on price range before I make fixes (which I would prefer if I can do a good fair deal )

Or Price range if I go to town and have the car completely brought up to speed including paint correction etc.

Thx so much folks as always a pleasure being a part of this amazing community.

Cheers

Matt
Old 07-17-2016, 10:08 PM
Mixter
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Around $55k with well documented maintenance history. The year, factory options, wheels, C2 or C4 may also be considerations on value depending on buyer.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:21 AM
brakinglate
Racer

Thx mate I forgot to say it is a C2.....relatively well documented back to the 11000 Mile level.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:27 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

What year?
Old 07-18-2016, 01:42 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm interested in your car but please provide me more details. I sent you a PM
Old 07-18-2016, 02:37 PM
brakinglate
Racer

It is a 91 folks...sorry rushed the post..

Original Paint, no accidents, wont sell until Im clear on a range.

Thx again for all your help
Old 07-18-2016, 02:49 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Pictures of the inside/outside would help. How many miles did you put on it since ownership?
Old 07-18-2016, 03:24 PM
brakinglate
Racer

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
Pictures of the inside/outside would help. How many miles did you put on it since ownership?
I have only put 1000 miles or less on it, mileage as quoted above is accurate . Simply do not drive it .

Pictures I will try and get to, but interiors is in great nick other than the above mentioned seat . Paint also is great and original, other than the flaky bumper spot as mentioned.

I think I will get it detailed then post pics If I can get away from teh demands of my business.

Cheers
Old 07-18-2016, 03:56 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Sounds like a $50k vehicle if the engine has good compression numbers and doesn't leak a ton. Maybe you can get a little more. The market is real strong for nice 5spd C2 coupes. Lots of people are after this exact model. Here's a current comp that just was listed a couple of days ago on RL.

Year: 1991
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Porsche Model: 964 C2
Mileage: 46000
Options: Airbags, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Leather Faced Seats, Power Brakes, Door Locks, Steering, Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black with Tan interior
VIN: WP0AB2964MS410781
Price: $50,000
Private Listing
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: 3.6
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

I bought the car in 2005 with 28,600 miles. The car now has 45,900. I have only a spotty history of the car’s ownership before I bought it, but now I’ve had it for the last 11-1/2 years.

Clean title, no liens.
Receipts for expenses since I’ve owned it
Garaged every winter
Have under-tray (though never used), tire inflator and tool kit, complete manuals

Car is stock except for LUK flywheel upgrade from Freudenberg, rebuilt distributor with new belt /vent kit, replaced gas springs on engine lid and hood, replaced one of the heater’s servo motors, plastic panel that folds below wing was replaced, new plugs and plug wires were installed when the flywheel was done.

Car has normal paint wear but no dings. The rear wing does have a crack in the front left corner, The oil temp/pressure gauge has a crack across the lower part of the glass (I bought a couple used gauges to borrow a lens, but never did the fix), there’s a mark on the rear bumper where the previous owner must have backed into a garage door hinge.
Included with sale: Everything listed above, a pair of new Bilstein rear shocks and a pair of NOS front Boge struts. (purchased when I was going to lower the car, I never did) The 964 Enthusiasts Guide and the Specifications Book that I have used for maintenance will be bundled with the manuals.

Reason for sale: business opportunities require quick investment cash

Contact me by Email and I will respond as best I can to your questions. foxfordapr@comcast.net
Attached Images

Last edited by Bloose993TT; 07-18-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

if it were me, I'd leave the bumper alone. let the new owner decide how to fix it. The rest of the items could be taken care of before sale if you want it to be really nice, but I suspect there are potential buyers that would line up if the car is as nice as you indicate as it is. I think that car that was priced at $50k was priced low. You might call the owner and see what activity he has gotten. Even tho your car is a 91, I'd bet here in SoCal if you listed it higher, you'd probably get it. List it for $59k - Worse case is you have to negotiate. I would be shocked if you don't still get calls.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:25 PM
brakinglate
Racer

Thx this is very helpful
Old 07-18-2016, 04:36 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 105 Posts

Have to agree with Matt, 46k miles is very low compared to most of the available C2's I've been seeing and Slate Grey is a sought after color. I wouldn't list it any lower than $59k. A few pictures and some nice options could easily convince me to list it at $64,900.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:16 PM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
The market is real strong for nice 6spd C2 coupes.
If it's a factory 6 speed I'm in at $60k
Old 07-18-2016, 06:53 PM
aceking4u
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Matt,

Sad to see you sell your car in such a short period. I think a fair question to also ask is what did you pay for the car and how much did you invest in it? Are you trying to squeeze every penny out of this sale, or do you care about the car going to a Porsche enthusiast or possibly a first time owner.

It's hard to gauge at the market for a low mileage C2, but I have seen some sell for as low as 40k within the last 4 months. Maybe you should post some pictures as well before we get into the conversation of top tier pricing for the car. As with anything, if you price low, and interest is high, you can adjust from there. Making a listing with what others think is worth, without any real interest for the car, is kind of counter productive.

Good luck!
Old 07-18-2016, 07:04 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
If it's a factory 6 speed I'm in at $60k
Super rare option. 1 of 1.

Quick Reply: Help Pricing my 964 Please.