Sponsored by:

Alarm, lock help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:47 AM
FlatNasty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm, lock help

I am having a lot of headaches with the stock alarm system after the car was reassembled from its new paint job. I turn the key and the starter does not spin. All other electric components work in the car. I have removed and tested the starter, replaced the battery, replaced the ground straps. I believe the problem lays with the alarm system or the lock assemblies at the door which were reassembled after paint. I believe the alarm system is preventing the solenoid from powering up and engaging the starter. Either way, at this point I am fed up, I just want to remove the whole alarm system.

1) Will a 964 function without an alarm/security system?

2). Does anyone have the wiring schematics for the 964, specifically the alarm/central locking mechanism?

3) I have found online ways to bypass the alarm on older Porsches, I can not find any description of the alarm for 91&later cars with the combined security - central lock module and how to disable this. Does anyone know a way?

4) I have considered running a wire from the key switch to both the solenoid and another to the fuel pump so I can remove the alarms fuse and just drive the car, has anyone done this? My concern is that the engine may want to flood out when the key is turned and the fuel pump runs continuously before the engine starts

Quick Reply: Alarm, lock help