Sticky window

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 05:49 PM
ChrisG89
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky window

Hey,

My passenger side window is very stiff to move. I've removed the door card and lowered the rail, but the window stays up, then I have to force the window down. This has left marks on my window, as if the seals are very tight? I was wondering if there's anything I can do to ease this?

I've also fitted a new rail and the rubber the window sits in as the last one had rusted and bent.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-09-2016, 04:43 AM
ras62
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Chris. It's usually because the window isn't rising or falling square. If you take the glass out of the lower rubber lifter then it should rise and lower easily. If it doesn't then you can investigate why the frame is sitting wrong.
If the glass moves ok then the issue lies with how the glass is being lifted by the window scissor mechanism, perhaps this is not installed quite right? Its a pain to work in this small space but when you look at fixing points etc and how it all works then its not too bad.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:29 AM
ChrisG89
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Rob

It sounds like the frame isn't quite right then as even with the rail at the bottom, you have to put your hands on the glass and really force it down.

Any pointers on things to check the frame is ok?
Old 06-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Norse_man
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisG89
Thanks Rob

It sounds like the frame isn't quite right then as even with the rail at the bottom, you have to put your hands on the glass and really force it down.

Any pointers on things to check the frame is ok?
Remove the door card on the other door. If that window is operating properly you have an exact mirrored example of how the faulty one should be operating. That should help you see if something is wrong to the eye. And go from there.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:01 PM
ras62
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There isn't much that can make the frame be out of squre tbh, the various holding bolts simply adjust the tilt and pitch of the frame, and even then not by much. It sounds like the window guide rubber/felt may not be sat in the black frame correctly inside the door...not easy to see in there but its doable without taking out the window frame.

Quick Reply: Sticky window