Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy looking into a 91' 911 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 119 Posts

Parts can be expensive and add up quick. It's the ol' slippery slope of, "Well, if you're gonna do that, you might as well do this too!" I feel like a lot of people spend too much time trying to find a perfect car, when they are this old, it's almost impossible unless you're talking a high dollar collector car. PPI's are a great starting point but they are by no means a guarantee that nothing is going to fail after you purchase. The fact is, and I see you own a Corrado, lol, I would always take a car that was original and had less current maintenance than one that had maintenance over a period of several years and multiple shops. From what I've seen, every time someone takes one apart, they leave something out when they put it back together! That being said, bringing one back to life and understanding it throughout as well as knowing everything was done correctly is well worth it in my opinion, especially if you're mechanically inclined.

Last edited by Vegas993; 06-06-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Richard Curtis
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to nearest bookstore -- if you can even fine one -- and buy the most recent copy of "Excellence" magazine (it's all about Porsches). This issue has a Buyer's Guide to the 964 and 993 (the subsequent model to the 964, but still air cooled), complete with prices, things to look for, etc.

Quick Reply: New guy looking into a 91' 911 Carrera