Sponsored by:

Car Won't Start, Any Ideas???

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 12:35 PM
the 964 KID
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Adrian,

Thats what I though also, the two issues dont seem to be related. I'm not gonna get down on the shop yet, that was only their initial check, but they're gonna have the car for a few days, so if there's a problem I have faith they'll get to the bottom of it, its one of the best shops in my area (and there's a lot of Porsches in this city!). I'm gonna stop by the shop tomorrow and see if they uncovered anything else, my worry is that there's an intermittent problem that hasn't acted up on them at the shop. We'll see!
Old 11-16-2003, 06:33 AM
Richard Talbot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I have flat a flat battery after 3 days and found this post from a few weeks back. Fitted new battery 3 months ago, over the past month we have used the car less, it has had flat battery 3 times now. After charging checked battery voltage 12.4V started engine at idle 13.5V is this too low ?
Just checked current draw 0.25A too high I think ?
I also have a bouncing idle problem after revving engine idle drops to about 400 then settles to about 900 after a few seconds (if it hasn't stalled that is ) noise from fuel pump also seems to drop at the same time
I am wondering if this is related to a charging problem ? I have done a number of DME resets making no difference
Any ideas

cheers

Quick Reply: Car Won't Start, Any Ideas???