Sponsored by:

LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 11:50 AM
apanossi
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
Anyone who got fluted lenses care to share their experiences? I was talking to 9eleven headlights and he wasn't too keen on LED behind fluted lenses. Trying to find a balance between modern light output and not having the front of my car look like some sort of frog on acid
I have fluted lenses with my $40 H4 LED bulbs and they work great, both high beam and low beam. I also wanted to maintain the stock fluted lens look, and this worked great for me. Going on 1 year of use, and no issues. I also have a single pulley setup so my alternator puts out less juice, so getting these low energy consumption ones fit the bill.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:03 PM
sooner964
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by apanossi
I have fluted lenses with my $40 H4 LED bulbs and they work great, both high beam and low beam. I also wanted to maintain the stock fluted lens look, and this worked great for me. Going on 1 year of use, and no issues. I also have a single pulley setup so my alternator puts out less juice, so getting these low energy consumption ones fit the bill.
Are your fluted lenses asymmetrical or symmetrical? I have the Audette H4 LED assemblies on my car which use a JW Speaker LED 7 inch kit and they have clear lenses, but I've been wanting to go to a fluted lens because I think it will look better. From what I've read, it seems that fluted lenses are not exactly ideal for LED's, but symmetrically fluted lenses distort the cut-off to a lesser degree than the asymmetrically fluted lenses.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by apanossi
Could you post a picture or two of your setup?

Quick Reply: LED Headlights