LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 08:03 AM
DobermanDad
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Robert,

Have you seen THESE reflectors and backing plates?
I'm gonna do this I think. Thank you for posting the link.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:23 PM
sy0296
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another option. purchased a set a while back but waiting to get the car back together before installing them. will post some feedback once i try them out

http://www.rpmtechnik.co.uk/shop/lum...ht-conversion/
Old 05-11-2016, 01:36 PM
DobermanDad
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sy0296
another option. purchased a set a while back but waiting to get the car back together before installing them. will post some feedback once i try them out

http://www.rpmtechnik.co.uk/shop/lum...ht-conversion/
Those are cool, but way way overpriced. $2600!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:27 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DobermanDad
That's insane...especially when the main lighting( Pilot's) are less than $500.00 for the pair.....the rest is just VW parts...maybe they machine a bracket here and there....but holy moly the Porsche tax is in full effect....
Old 05-12-2016, 08:42 AM
sy0296
Instructor

Originally Posted by DobermanDad
Originally Posted by speednme
That's insane...especially when the main lighting( Pilot's) are less than $500.00 for the pair.....the rest is just VW parts...maybe they machine a bracket here and there....but holy moly the Porsche tax is in full effect....
subtract VAT for exports, so what that, 20% discount? you do add shipping

based on reviews of people who have these, they are on par with modern LED lighting

pay to play i guess. when i got them, nothing else was available yet except for the custom Singer lights. if any is in the LA area, with the newer set ups, let's meet up and do a side by side comparison. i'm also curious my mine stacks up
Old 05-12-2016, 09:48 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sy0296
subtract VAT for exports, so what that, 20% discount? you do add shipping

based on reviews of people who have these, they are on par with modern LED lighting

pay to play i guess. when i got them, nothing else was available yet except for the custom Singer lights. if any is in the LA area, with the newer set ups, let's meet up and do a side by side comparison. i'm also curious my mine stacks up
No doubt that they work as intended, we're not disputing that. The fact that they are overpriced was our comment. I sold a pair of Porsche LED headlights made by an outfit from Poland. They designed everything minus the ring and the lens. The Hella bulbs are over $1400 for the pair yet they were still cheaper than what this outfit in England is charging. I did not install them in my car as they required a bit more cutting than I was prepare to do. My gripe with the set you have is how can they justify such a high price...they were actually cheaper when they first introduce them. To each his own...if you like them and they serve your purpose..so be it. Hey I've overpaid for many things when it comes to my car...so I'm not throwing any stones;-)

Last edited by speednme; 05-12-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:52 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Here was my ad...they have long sold
https://rennlist.com/forums/911-foru...healights.html
Old 05-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Clay.0
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Robert,

Have you seen THESE reflectors and backing plates?
Email closedcoursemotorsport@gmail.com for any questions on these lights. They use the same beetle housing that others are using, but add Porsche H4 rings and a single piece reflector shroud. At $964 shipped, they are less than new OEM H1 or H4 setups with much letter light output.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:31 AM
sy0296
Instructor

Originally Posted by speednme
No doubt that they work as intended, we're not disputing that. The fact that they are overpriced was our comment. I sold a pair of Porsche LED headlights made by an outfit from Poland. They designed everything minus the ring and the lens. The Hella bulbs are over $1400 for the pair yet they were still cheaper than what this outfit in England is charging. I did not install them in my car as they required a bit more cutting than I was prepare to do. My gripe with the set you have is how can they justify such a high price...they were actually cheaper when they first introduce them. To each his own...if you like them and they serve your purpose..so be it. Hey I've overpaid for many things when it comes to my car...so I'm not throwing any stones;-)
no worries! had al these other options been available when I was shopping i mostly likely would not have paid the premium for these.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:57 AM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

Can anyone tell who The distributor for JW Speaker is the headlights we can't get one
adjusted
Old 09-21-2016, 06:00 PM
jgj
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry old thread but another shout out for Francois at flat6illumination@gmail.com
Fitted with a little fiddling in the UK and passed the annual MOT test without a hitch. Francois is extremely helpful. Very pleased so far.
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:58 PM
Santa Cruz Red
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

JGJ... wow, had always heard that you fellas had small garages, I'm impressed that you can squeeze it in there! Cheers!
Old 09-21-2016, 09:49 PM
Deserion
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jgj
Sorry old thread but another shout out for Francois at flat6illumination@gmail.com
Fitted with a little fiddling in the UK and passed the annual MOT test without a hitch. Francois is extremely helpful. Very pleased so far.
How's the beam pattern and light output? If it passed MOT I'd imagine it's fairly decent.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:53 PM
islandsnow
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

if your interested i have these for sale, the reflectors are 100% Carbon Fiber and you can choose gloss and matted finish

Old 09-22-2016, 08:18 PM
jgj
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deserion
How's the beam pattern and light output? If it passed MOT I'd imagine it's fairly decent.
I'll try and post up some pictures the week after next.

Quick Reply: LED Headlights