Hayelp! RS Flywheel from ROSE PASSION

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 08:34 PM
stimpy32
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hayelp! RS Flywheel from ROSE PASSION

Hey up,

Really wish i were skilled enough for pics as it would be a lot easier by pics...

So i'm in the process of fitting the RS clutch and lwf from Rose Passion and i have a couple of issues;.

1. There is a small amount of pitting on the friction surface on the fly - clearly a manufacturing issue - i have emailed them and awaiting response.
2. The flywheel friction surface is a good amount narrower than the friction disc or pressure plate friction surface. 33.5mm where the others are 40.5 ish...

Whilst i'm waiting for a reply just thought i'd check if anyone else has fitted this kit and found any issues? Or just fitted it without knowing :-)...hehe

All this wouldn't be too much of a bother if i wasn't going off to Germany in the car shortly.......
Old 04-06-2016, 09:05 PM
prschmn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not familiar with "rose Passion"? Is this an aluminum steel combo type?
If it is I would strongly NOT recommend using a plate that doesnt sit entirely on the steel surface.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Rose Passion is an OEM Porsche parts dealer like Pelican, Sunset, etc.

I really like their site cause they have pictures of lots of parts.
http://www.rosepassion.com/en/sel
Old 04-07-2016, 05:47 AM
ras62
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I fitted their RS flywheel without any problems but it is not an OEM part according to my Indy's observation. It was balanced and the ring gear was heat treated. The flywheel also came in a sealed and oiled bag iirc.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:29 AM
stimpy32
Instructor

Yep, definitely not an oem part - would be quadruple the cost of it were!..

That said, the actual machining etc is completed to a very high standard.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:40 AM
stimpy32
Instructor

So to update, I received a return email this morning from Rose Passion and they have offered to FedEx a replacement for tomorrow!.. Which is very good service indeed.

Re the measurement issue, they are aware of this and have been producing them like this for years and never had a problem.

In my mind it will obviously wear a groove on the friction plate ultimately which is not ideal. There will also be reduced clamping force for the whole clutch units design capability. The reduction of size is however on the inner edge so not as critical. Would be interesting to get a measurement from a genuine RS flywheel, could well be they are the same, you could only imagine that all these aftermarket hobbies are a replica of the original unit....
Old 04-07-2016, 09:02 AM
LimmetED
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Rosepassions part are not all OEM.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:48 PM
stimpy32
Instructor

So, i received a replacement flywheel today and just been in the garage getting through stuff...

Cleaned it up, pressed the bearing in, then noticed a bloody dint on this replacement unit!?.. It's either been dropped or had something dropped on it :-(

BUGGER.........

The surface is slightly raised around the dint so whatever it was was heavy....

The other thing, i've just noticed it hasn't come with any bolts to fit the new starter ring on with... And the bolts holding the ring on the dmf don't look easy to get to - does anyone know how to take that apart??

Old 04-08-2016, 07:04 PM
stimpy32
Instructor

Ignore that last bit! Some complete d*ck forgot that the pressure plate attaches though the starter ring to the flywheel...
Old 04-09-2016, 12:20 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

FWIW I was literally just looking on the web for replacement camshaft actuators for my 997 and found the lowest price on Rose Passion in France. It includes VAT but when you enter the United States as the destination, VAT is removed. So the already attractive price became too good to pass up. I was worried that shipping might be steep, but it came to $35 for Fedex overnight. They are shipping the next business day (Monday) and I'm supposed to receive them on Tuesday.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:40 AM
stimpy32
Instructor

Can't argue with their prices , customer service or delivery!....

Re 2nd flywheel, in the end I rubbed down the raised edges on the dint and then fitted it..... Should be completely gone within 25000 miles or so! Lol.....

Quick Reply: Hayelp! RS Flywheel from ROSE PASSION