Sponsored by:

Porsche Tool 9111

Old 01-18-2016, 05:01 AM
alsaab
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Tool 9111

Hi,

as I own my 993 Turbo since 2007 and having bought the 964 C4 Targa this post is about in 2014, I think I never posted in the 964 section.
Well, the clutch on the Targa is slipping and I will have to remove my first 911 engine! Of course I have hundreds of questions before the start, but right now I am concerned about the use of the removal platform from Porsche, the 9111-1, -2 and -3. In order to make a correct fit I will have to remove the small undertray fixed to the engine block by 2 bolts and nuts. But are these bolts not goint through the engine halves and is there not the risk of creating a leak by losening them to take the bracket off? Of course, it's the official procedure for engine removal, but I prefer to have your advice before.

Thanks for your help and greetings from Luxembourg (-15°C this morning)

Alain
Old 01-18-2016, 06:36 AM
Duck
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Alain,

Sounds cold there.

Not sure the tool you refer, but I do not use any special tools to drop the engine. I use a motorcycle jack and floor jack to lower the engine. I remove the rear bumper to gain extra clearance to not have to raise the car so high. You will have to make a small brace to hold the center drive shaft once it is disconnected from the transmission. There are a couple of reminders:

- remember to disconnect ground strap from transmission to car body
- there is also a ground from top bolt of starter to car body
- good luck with longitudinal slave valve, first time was extremely difficult to remove
- you have to remove the lower center console (where the gear shift and parking break are located) to get to top bolts of the drive shaft tube

Really not that hard to lower the engine. It is just a lot to disconnect and more with the C4. Take your time. Take pictures for reminders. There are also several threads on here too. Ask questions if you run into any issues.

Good luck.
-
Old 01-18-2016, 09:21 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

you do not have to remove engine to do a clutch
Elliot
Old 01-18-2016, 09:30 PM
Duck
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not try on a C4. The drive shaft would make it very difficult to remove the transmission. It really is not that hard to drop the engine. First time takes longer. After that, it becomes a lot easier.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche Tool 9111