Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Door Panel Speaker mount

Old 11-23-2015, 10:27 AM
biggynuts01
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS Door Panel Speaker mount

I just bought RS door panels from Appbiz. How are yall installing the speakers? I want to mount 6.5" speakers.

Are you guys mounting it to the panel or the metal door? If you are mounting it to the metal door cut out then how are you mounting the grill to the panel?

TIA
Old 11-23-2015, 11:19 PM
Dr Mitch
Burning Brakes

I mounted mine directly to the metal without the grill panels - too bulky - besides, my door cards had round perforations over the speaker area - hasn't been an issue - I just make sure not to "kick" the door open and accidentally damage the speaker - sound is good - I'm no audiophile though - I usually listen the engine anyway.

I've had my door cards off numerous times and inspect the speakers whenever I do - so far (2 years), no issues noticed - even when I've removed the speakers to replace the door straps.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:10 AM
hamah
Pro

Mounting directly to metal is the only way to go. Mounting to the door card only will disappoint due to loss of SQ (particularly in the low end but may also buzz at higher frequencies). How the grill mounts will vary but most snap onto the speaker frame or screw directly to it (some may require you to mount the grill using the same screw holding the speaker to the door metal).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS Door Panel Speaker mount