GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

i will take them
Old 12-08-2015, 02:37 AM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

looking forward to hearing / seeing more. that sounds like a ridiculous transformation. What spring rates are you going with?
Old 12-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Parts arriving. E88 wheels, nitto tires. Porsche, ERP, kW suspension components. Dampers and RS sway bars not shown.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:55 PM
DobermanDad
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gotta love the little presents as they show up! My garage is starting to look like that.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

And more parts. Rennline goodies, battery tray, silly spendy but cool extinguisher mount, msi studs and nuts, 993 coils.... Some other parts arriving later today, and a bunch next week.

There is a pile at the shop of other bits. As they get built will post pics

Old 12-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

man, I've got purchase envy. I would not have thought those wheels were as attractive as they are with tires on them. how much do they weigh, do you know?
Old 12-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

I didn't weigh them but they are between 18-19lbs.

Ups guy hates me. Boxes keep coming lol. Next week is like super Santa.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:42 AM
BeReal
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Spy! Sick little (big) project! Cant wait to see the progress...gonna be doing something similar...

Can you share any info on the brembos?

Thanks!
Dan
Old 12-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Drove car to the mission viejo cars and coffee this am since this is maybe the last time I drive it stock. Nice morning. Car drives nice but I can't wait to tighten it up. Car gets dropped off for the chassis work next week. With holidays will be done first week of January.

Also finished a little frunk clean up project. Removed brake reservoir venting, tubing, etc to clean things up. Capped overflow and installed the vented cap from the 993. This is a tsb procedure/mod. Just makes things a bit cleaner. Wrist swear band is a track car trick to soak up any seepage.

Also installed a couple Porsche rubber body plugs where the overflow exited the body and same thing for the water line no longer running through the body from the washer tank mod.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BeReal
Can you share any info on the brembos?
What do you want to know?
The fronts are a 993 caliper fitment since I'm putting evo uprights on the car. The caliper is a 6 piston with 350mm rotor. It's a momoblock caliper design. Rotor is slotted with aluminum hat and floating friction ring.

The rears are a 4 piston 964 caliper fitment, this is a 2 piece caliper design, 325mm rotor. Rotor is slotted with aluminum hat and floating friction ring.

Pads for street are race technologies TS20. For track I'll run RE10.

I'm also having the 993 master cylinder installed and removing the brake bias valve. Also installing functional air ducts to front brakes.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:07 PM
BeReal
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

That answered all my questions!

Looking forward to this build

Originally Posted by Spyerx
What do you want to know?
The fronts are a 993 caliper fitment since I'm putting evo uprights on the car. The caliper is a 6 piston with 350mm rotor. It's a momoblock caliper design. Rotor is slotted with aluminum hat and floating friction ring.

The rears are a 4 piston 964 caliper fitment, this is a 2 piece caliper design, 325mm rotor. Rotor is slotted with aluminum hat and floating friction ring.

Pads for street are race technologies TS20. For track I'll run RE10.

I'm also having the 993 master cylinder installed and removing the brake bias valve. Also installing functional air ducts to front brakes.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:01 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Well car goes in for the transformation tomorrow. First step is all chassis and brakes. The work will be done by Joey Seely at e-motion engineering. You may know of Joey from his days at bbi Autosport. Joey has been doing my car chassis work 3 years on my RS, my 89, and now my 91. Hes the owner of project nasty and loves the air cooled cars. His new shop is in garden grove. He's a magician with chassis and suspension setups. Just ask Jeff Zwart!

After that is done I will bring the car to bbi for the rest of the work. Most likely mid to end of January. Next step will take a couple months.

My car had its engine and trans rebuilt by orbit about 6mo and 2k miles ago. The car runs so strong and drives great. Underside is sooo clean. I can say the orbit team did a fantastic job and the car runs fantastic. They also did the tranny and it shifts better than any other g50 car I've driven from this genre. It's nice knowing I picked up a car that real, needs NOTHING would I have chosen to just drive it as is. But I can't leave well enough alone!

One thing I wasn't 100% sure of is when the oil was last changed. The guy I bought it from had it for a couple months and he bought it from the guy who had the rebuild done. I would assume it was changed shortly after rebuild and based on pulling the oil out I'm nearly positive it was. The magnets had no material on them and the oil looks greenish which I assume is Brad penn, and looked pretty clean. But peace of mind....

Anyway, since the car will be sitting and so forth I decided to just change it before it goes to bbi. I'm putting m1 15-50 in there for now ('easy to get) but will change it out to the "good stuff" during the tranny engine drop I have planned (lightweight flywheel) in a couple months.

And... This may be he first oil change I've done and not spilled on the garage floor.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:26 AM
bobaines
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love your project, I am on a similar path with my '94 C2. I am using Brembo Motorsport calipers and PSS10's. Have also gone to the Evo uprights and motorsport control arms, and switched to the RSA manual rack. The engine was rebuilt to stock specs with the elimination of the power steering pump and TI retainers and motorsport valve springs. The exhaust is Fabspeed headers with heat and sport cats. Interior has been lightened with rear seat delete, lightweight carpet, RS doorcards, airbag delete and non-airbag dash, Porsche MOMO Mod 07 wheel. Wheels are 17" Zuffenhaus Fuchs finished by Harvey Weidman. There are a few exterior touches just to make it mine. The change which could be of interest to yo is the gearbox. I think this is one overlooked area which can yield the most visceral return. I did a 3.89 R&P in my .1GT3 and what a change. I wanted to source a G50-31 from a 993RS but alas Porsche had no more on the shelf. We found a 1995 993 G50-21 as a donor and built a box similar to the G50-31.
Stock R&P 9:31
1st 12:36
2ed 15:32
3ed 20:33
4th 21:28
5th 30:33
6th 38:35
and a limited slip.
I sourced the gears and LSD from California Motorsports.
My project is currently at paint, so looking toward spring to sort it out.
I am looking forward to seeing your project develop.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:34 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice parts stash. Of all the work I've had done to my car, I swear the ego uprights and associated parts made the most noticeable difference
Old 12-15-2015, 03:05 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobaines
I love your project, I am on a similar path with my '94 C2. I am using Brembo Motorsport calipers and PSS10's. Have also gone to the Evo uprights and motorsport control arms, and switched to the RSA manual rack. The engine was rebuilt to stock specs with the elimination of the power steering pump and TI retainers and motorsport valve springs. The exhaust is Fabspeed headers with heat and sport cats. Interior has been lightened with rear seat delete, lightweight carpet, RS doorcards, airbag delete and non-airbag dash, Porsche MOMO Mod 07 wheel. Wheels are 17" Zuffenhaus Fuchs finished by Harvey Weidman. There are a few exterior touches just to make it mine.
Nice setup
Do you have any pics of the calipers you went with?
I will keep power steering but debating going with a 993 rack.
Sounds similar to my rebuild. It's a 3.6 but has a few tricks in it. Feels much stronger than other 3.6l 964 I've driven
I will go with rothsport headers. Should be here this week. Muffler will be a custom setup from ... Well I'll save that till we get closer :-)
My interior will be similar, but my mod 7 won't have the Porsche logo on it

Also thanks for the info on the gearbox. I'm going to hold off until I decide what I want to do with the engine as that will dictate the gearing.

I look forward to the chassis work. For me that is more key to a car than power. I like a car this is super agile and responsive. This should really change things. Of course the next big change will take a bunch of weight and sound deadening out and really liven it up a bit!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 964 C2 Transformation Build Thread