Sponsored by:

Rear Wiper Switch Cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 12:50 PM
DobermanDad
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rear Wiper Switch Cover

Is there a cover that can be used for the rear wiper switch?

I no longer need the switch because I have no rear wiper.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:42 PM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever get this question answered?
Old 02-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I ended up using mine for a fan switch. I put a piece of matte black vinyl sticker on it so its just 'blank'
Old 02-19-2017, 02:24 PM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I ended up using mine for a fan switch. I put a piece of matte black vinyl sticker on it so its just 'blank'
As part of my backdate-ish project, I need to relocate the following from the center console:

Would the wiper switch in the dash be a suitable place for either the Door Latch Switch or Rocker Switch?

I know those are bigger switches than the rear wiper switch, but if the switching mechanism is the same (same poles, connections, etc.), I could just run the wiring from one of those two center console switches to the dash where the rear wiper switch is, and just use that (maybe cover up the wiper logo so it looks acceptable), no?

Is that not possible?
Old 02-19-2017, 07:11 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 380 Likes on 223 Posts

The door latch switch and the "!" switch are likely both momentary type switches, whereas the rear wiper switch is likely a latching switch. I would think the Hazard Lights aren't momentary, so that might work.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:10 PM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

Originally Posted by spartansix
The door latch switch and the "!" switch are likely both momentary type switches, whereas the rear wiper switch is likely a latching switch. I would think the Hazard Lights aren't momentary, so that might work.
I don't know enough to know the difference between momentary and latching.

I mainly want to know where to put these switches
Old 02-19-2017, 09:10 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

You might try some 999.703.344.40 01c caps.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:05 PM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
You might try some 999.703.344.40 01c caps.
For the little dash switches?
Old 02-20-2017, 12:45 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ToniWonKanobi
As part of my backdate-ish project, I need to relocate the following from the center console:

Would the wiper switch in the dash be a suitable place for either the Door Latch Switch or Rocker Switch?

I know those are bigger switches than the rear wiper switch, but if the switching mechanism is the same (same poles, connections, etc.), I could just run the wiring from one of those two center console switches to the dash where the rear wiper switch is, and just use that (maybe cover up the wiper logo so it looks acceptable), no?
Is that not possible?

Nah, probably not. Or at least not ideally. If I'm you I'd grab the rennline stereo blank that has the cutouts in it. It's made for this.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:45 AM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

Nah, probably not. Or at least not ideally. If I'm you I'd grab the rennline stereo blank that has the cutouts in it. It's made for this.
Even if I'm going to retain the radio? (CDR-220 like what Singer does!)
Old 02-20-2017, 12:50 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Radios are overrated and the CDR220 is especially bad. I have one in a box that was in my car. I prefer the reno in my 89, at least it looks the vintage part!
But yes if you do a radio then blank won't work. Not sure where you relocate those switches. Maybe the rennline lower dash delete with a switch panel mounted on it below the dash...
Old 02-20-2017, 12:54 AM
ToniWonKanobi
Instructor

Radios are overrated and the CDR220 is especially bad. I have one in a box that was in my car. I prefer the reno in my 89, at least it looks the vintage part!
But yes if you do a radio then blank won't work. Not sure where you relocate those switches. Maybe the rennline lower dash delete with a switch panel mounted on it below the dash...
I actually bought the radio delete plate and the lower dash delete I thought I would somehow attach the radio delete plate thing to the lower dash, with the switches in there. Then I decided that it would make the whole lower dash look stupid.

I think I could maybe put a switch to the left of the headlight switch (where some cars have the adjustment dial thing). Could I relocate the door lock thing in the driver's door somewhere? (Would that look stupid?)

Don't know where to put the warning light disable thingy though...

Somewhere on the internet, I recall seeing a switch in the e-brake plastic insert thing. That's kinda awkward too, though. Sigh.

What does Singer do with the other two (they put the hazard button next to the headlights and ignition)?

Quick Reply: Rear Wiper Switch Cover