The journey begins. A new Porsche owner and his 964

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 10:04 PM
MikeP.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The journey begins. A new Porsche owner and his 964

Hello all.

I'm Mike and I'm a new "real" Porsche owner. Quick background - I'm a BMW guy since I saw my first 2002 as a kid. I badgered my Dad into buying a 3.0si (the most developed Bavaria variant). First car was a '78 Honda Accord. We'll skip over the unfortunate purchase of a new '81 Fiat x1/9, ok?

I spent five years selling BMWs and Ferraris in Rockland County, NY before starting my own healthcare business with my wife. We've had a succession of great BMWs, some nice Audis, and even an '84 Cayenne (I know it's a real Porsche, but not "real."). Current keeper is my 2006 BMW M Roadster - a wonderful car.

A couple of years ago I met and became friends with Rennlist's own Goughary, so I probably should have known long ago that I'd be here starting this post.

A few weeks ago I began hearing about a 1991 Carrera 4 coupe that Rob knew was for sale. I somehow resisted further inquiry until the fateful day I stopped off to show him my son's "new" 1983 Land Rover 110. While we were there he told me to drive his beautiful C4, and that was it. I bit the hook.

I got a little nervous when the seller didn't respond for a day, but we finally made contact and arranged to head up to Maine a couple of days later. We looked it over, drove it, and I made the deal. Eleven hours after I left, I returned home a 964 owner.

Here are the first pics of the car I bought.

From the Craigslist ad.

Here are a few more photos provided by the seller.

Two days later I had the car's undercarriage powerwashed, and Friday I brought the car to Goughary's house for the beginning of the sorting out process.

Quick Reply: The journey begins. A new Porsche owner and his 964