Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 89 C4 964 Almost Finished, going 4.1!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 09:20 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsomerv
Jake, any new news on this gorgeous 964? (drooling on my keyboard)
With the exception of reinstalling the door panels, the 964 is done.. I had to break away from it to finish a Speedster for a customer.

I should have the 964 finished this week!

Old 03-14-2016, 02:59 PM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see you collaborated with Callas on some classes. His website notes 3 year wait for engine rebuilds. Do you offer that as service for those looking? Will you be sharing any more details on 4.1 build? Envious of all that workspace and having your own bulldozer! Pure fantasy for many of us
Old 03-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by C4inLA
see you collaborated with Callas on some classes. His website notes 3 year wait for engine rebuilds. Do you offer that as service for those looking? Will you be sharing any more details on 4.1 build? Envious of all that workspace and having your own bulldozer! Pure fantasy for many of us
Tony Callas and I have worked together as instructors for years. We really enjoy it.

My business varies a lot from Tony's as we only work with engines here.. We don't do anything with the rest of the vehicle. The other difference is Tony sticks with mostly OE builds and keeps them stock, but here I favor performance. I do some Concourse level engine builds that are stock, but not often.

I personally build these 4.1 engines, as well as most of the Aircooled engines here. I am booked for about 18 months solid all the time.

As far as details on the 4.1, I might post some pics of the one I am assembling this week here. I tend to be reserved about things these days, too many opinions about how someone else would have done it, and too many people wanting to steal info too...

Yes, I love my shop.. Thanks for the kind words.

Quick Reply: My 89 C4 964 Almost Finished, going 4.1!