Sponsored by:

GMG Racing ? C4 dyno shops?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 12:51 PM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GMG Racing ? C4 dyno shops?

Anybody in Socali use them for 964 Maint or Mods ? Would like to hear Good, Bad, & Ugly reviews, PM me ....

Also, looking for 4 wheel dyno tuning shops in Socali ?
Old 08-31-2015, 06:30 PM
islandsnow
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

subscribed....I'm also looking for a Mod and Maint shop in socal
Old 08-31-2015, 08:23 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Try Betim at BBI.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I've used both Betim and GMG. Both provide excellent service.

FWIW, Betim really went the extra mile for me before NASA nationals this year.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:45 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

betim has access to a 4WD dyno also
Old 09-02-2015, 03:46 AM
Netbug
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did my PPI at GMG and I can't recommend them. I have also looked into getting service done there and they seem to be more catered to race cars.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:59 PM
islandsnow
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i've also tried BBI and they said they are just to busy to take on any new customers... must be nice lol
Old 09-02-2015, 09:05 PM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

I think the shops mentioned have moved on from 964's for the most part, is the sense I get .... I am disenchanted in trying to negotiate with a shop in Torrance .... I'm not looking for part Owner in my frick'in car... And Mov'in On.... Until I get what I want, it's still PURDY to look at and one of the cleanest engine bays west of the Colorado River....
Old 09-03-2015, 06:02 AM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_racer
I've used both Betim and GMG. Both provide excellent service.

FWIW, Betim really went the extra mile for me before NASA nationals this year.
Originally Posted by GTgears
Try Betim at BBI.
Thank you guys for the referral and kind words!

Originally Posted by islandsnow
i've also tried BBI and they said they are just to busy to take on any new customers... must be nice lol
Originally Posted by C4inLA
I think the shops mentioned have moved on from 964's for the most part, is the sense I get .... I am disenchanted in trying to negotiate with a shop in Torrance .... I'm not looking for part Owner in my frick'in car... And Mov'in On.... Until I get what I want, it's still PURDY to look at and one of the cleanest engine bays west of the Colorado River....
Islandsnow & C4inLA,

I am pretty sure you have spoken to me and I really hope that you did not take my postponement in a wrong way. Please accept my apologies if you did. The passion that we have for the older air-cooled cars is no different than the passion that we have for the contemporary cars. As a matter of fact, our shop car "Project Nasty" is air-cooled: https://rennlist.com/forums/911-foru...a-feature.html. As long as the client is patient and appreciates what we do, then we are all good.

After experiencing an increase in demand for our products and services, we moved into a bigger building earlier this year and we are finally getting settled in. However, we still could not keep up with the work scheduled up until recently so we are currently working on hiring additional staff. To maintaining the same high level of quality and attention to detail that BBi Autosport is known for, we have to be very selective. We just hired a new experienced Porsche technician and he is getting acclimated in as speak and we are still in the process of seeking for more technicians and support staff to help us ease the workload and improve our customer experience.

In the meantime, please bear with us. While we are known as one of the leading Porsche tuners, we are working hard behind the scenes to establish a fully staffed dealer alternative service shop as quickly as possible and we are stepping in the right direction.

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 09-04-2015, 02:26 PM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

Hi Jerry,

Never spoke. Look forward to the dealer alternative choice and thanks for keeping the great 964 on the menu. Just by evolution, shops websites, etc. are showing more current versions of 911. I went to enter my MY on website and starts at 2000. Will drop in for quick chat and look around in future.

Quick Reply: GMG Racing ? C4 dyno shops?