964 CARRERA 4 ABS AND PDAS INTERFACE TEST SET – VOLUNTEERS? - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Air/Oil Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 964 Forum
Reload this Page >

964 CARRERA 4 ABS AND PDAS INTERFACE TEST SET – VOLUNTEERS?

Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

964 CARRERA 4 ABS AND PDAS INTERFACE TEST SET – VOLUNTEERS?

Old 02-16-2016, 01:47 PM
Nylasurf
Addict
Rennlist Member

Subscribed - and please put me down as interested when available - hopefully months away from being able to touch my car and can think of nothing better than going through the system.

Alexjc4 - nice feedback, looking forward to hearing more from those that have the unit and are testing.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:41 PM
Johannvb
User

I would be interested in a unit too
Old 03-18-2016, 07:49 PM
Duck
User

Just checking in again - any update? Thanks.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:07 PM
cajonfan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Current status -

Here's the current status -

One small wiring issue has been discovered that (of course) rippled through the test procedure and the test observations. The fix is pretty simple, Alexjc4 has volunteered to incorporate the fix on his unit and let us know how it works.

Alex is also investigating adding a function to actuate the lat and long locks after all the wiring has been validated. Hopefully he'll get a chance to update us soon.

Stay tuned,
Michael
Old 03-25-2016, 05:17 AM
Duck
User

Thanks for the update. It is great that you have done this and thanks to those testing the units.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:20 AM
C4inLA
Addict
Rennlist Member

+1 what Duck said....
Old 03-25-2016, 03:21 PM
Nineone1fun
User

+1 for the list

Last edited by Nineone1fun; 04-02-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:03 PM
alexjc4
User

Originally Posted by cajonfan View Post
Here's the current status -

One small wiring issue has been discovered that (of course) rippled through the test procedure and the test observations. The fix is pretty simple, Alexjc4 has volunteered to incorporate the fix on his unit and let us know how it works.

Alex is also investigating adding a function to actuate the lat and long locks after all the wiring has been validated. Hopefully he'll get a chance to update us soon.

Stay tuned,
Michael
After testing the device on a few cars and finally more thoroughly on my own, with great results, things have paused at my end recently due in part to my recently rebuilt engine developing some oil leaks and going back in for a re-rebuild. The car is back in one piece I'm told but not in my possession yet as the builder wants to put miles on the engine to be sure the oil leaks don't recur. As soon as it's back (next week or two hopefully) I'll make the fix Michael has sent me and rerun the tests - I'm sure it will be successful.

With regards the PDAS system, while the 964 has been away I have been playing with data logging to observe the similar AWD system (ATTESA ETS) on my R32 GTR in action. The 964 is similar in that it uses electro hydraulic activated clutch packs on the differentials,the difference is the GTR has a plate rear diff and an active centre diff ("transfer case" in GTR parlance) only and is engineered somewhat more in favour of oversteer I'm hoping to be able to log similar data on the PDAS to show how and when it really intervenes.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:15 PM
Rabs
User

These look great, did you ever decide to put into production? I would be interested in a c4 version?
Old 11-21-2018, 06:31 AM
dab2433
New User

Hi Michael,

Just came across your thread on the 964 C4 ABS test set. Is this still going?

Best regards,
Dirk
Old 11-22-2018, 03:40 PM
cajonfan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Dirk,

The "volunteer" part of the development was completed a few years ago and led to several improvements. I did undertake a limited production run of 20 units and still have parts on hand to complete a few more. I would be happy to assemble one for you. Costs for this run have been $380 shipped to US addresses (usually another $55 for other destinations).

If you send me an outside email address, I would be happy to send you an electronic copy of the User Manual and Test Procedure to help you determine how to proceed.

Best regards,
Michael

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 964 CARRERA 4 ABS AND PDAS INTERFACE TEST SET – VOLUNTEERS?

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: