Sponsored by:

964 Harness Bar - Does one exist

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 964 Harness Bar - Does one exist

Hello mates, I'm really eager to test the 964 on the track but I have a dilemma. While I want to get the car safe of course with harness seats and hans; I dont want to lose my back seat. I got 7 year old twin boys that would be devastated if they couldn't ride me. I've seen these rear harness bars that go just above and the rear seats, but they seem a bit forward where it would probably sit at the back of the their heads. Is there such thing as a removable one? Or wond that sits a little further back? Basically, I'd want to be able to hit the track safely and the take the boys our for cruise.

Any suggestions would be great. And if you didnt know we are starting a South Florida 964 Owners chapter and are meeting on Sept 20th. email me at alon@hurt123.com if you are interested in joining us.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:10 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 964 Harness Bar - Does one exist

Originally Posted by Big Al HURT123
Hello mates, I'm really eager to test the 964 on the track but I have a dilemma. While I want to get the car safe of course with harness seats and hans; I dont want to lose my back seat. I got 7 year old twin boys that would be devastated if they couldn't ride me. I've seen these rear harness bars that go just above and the rear seats, but they seem a bit forward where it would probably sit at the back of the their heads. Is there such thing as a removable one? Or wond that sits a little further back? Basically, I'd want to be able to hit the track safely and the take the boys our for cruise.

Any suggestions would be great. And if you didnt know we are starting a South Florida 964 Owners chapter and are meeting on Sept 20th. email me at alon@hurt123.com if you are interested in joining us.
Brey Krause harness truss. Jon done, I've had it for years and it's been great. Very well made, thought out.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Yes I just spoke them. Totally spaced that they made it. Do you have any pictures. My only concern is that it sits a touch forward in the cars I've seen (996) so I'm concerned the little ones head may be up against it. If you have a picture with back seat in that would be great. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know if BB's is the same as mine.....think it is.....here's pics of mine.....

I'm concerned the little ones head may be up against it. If you have a picture with back seat in that would be great
Not sure how you're expecting anyone to get into the back seats as it'd be a limbo job and a complete safety hazard having that metal exposed in front of someone....
Attached Images     
Old 08-27-2015, 01:59 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They also make a standard harness bar, which is less intrusive than the truss, and less expensive

http://www.bkauto.com/R_1010_Harness...r_p/r-1010.htm
Old 08-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by freedman
They also make a standard harness bar, which is less intrusive than the truss, and less expensive

http://www.bkauto.com/R_1010_Harness...r_p/r-1010.htm
Do you memorise all the parts for 964's mate?....you always know stuff....I should ask Freedman rather than Google!
Old 08-27-2015, 02:05 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Cheeksyboy
Do you memorise all the parts for 964's mate?....you always know stuff....I should ask Freedman rather than Google!
I'm just sad...

And I've got the standard bar in mine
Old 08-27-2015, 02:28 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Don't know if BB's is the same as mine.....think it is.....here's pics of mine.....

Not sure how you're expecting anyone to get into the back seats as it'd be a limbo job and a complete safety hazard having that metal exposed in front of someone....
No you misunderstood me. That wont work. Clearly, I wouldn't do that. I've seen other bars that sit on top of the rear seat back rest. It needs to be set back a touch behind the back rest. There may not be an option to do this and make the back seat usable. If thats the case, I'd go with half cage set up. But I'm hoping that wont be necessary.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:40 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

No you misunderstood me. That wont work. Clearly, I wouldn't do that.
I did, my bad.

I've seen other bars that sit on top of the rear seat back rest. It needs to be set back a touch behind the back rest.
Not seen those, so just across the leading edge of the rear shelf!?

There may not be an option to do this and make the back seat usable. If thats the case, I'd go with half cage set up. But I'm hoping that wont be necessary.

Freedman!?!?!
Old 08-27-2015, 02:45 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

I did, my bad.

Freedman!?!?!
Yes across the leading edge of the back rest.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:48 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

I did, my bad.

Freedman!?!?!
Confused,

Never seen or heard of anything like that
Old 08-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Some kind of like this that I saw on Pelican Parts but can tell if it will work on 964
Old 08-27-2015, 02:55 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Some kind of like this that I saw on Pelican Parts but can tell if it will work on 964
Look at the link in my first post, its virtually the same thing

But that pic is misleading it is no where near the rear seats, they sit 6 inches or so behind the back of the front seats, depending how far you have your seats back
Old 08-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Yes I've seen that and spoke with them today. It fits the 964 I just need to make sure it extends back enough. FVD sells it so I will like buy and it and they will take it back if it doesnt work. I will post once it get it.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:00 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

I'm just hoping it wont be like this...mind you this is a 996 and not exactly the same product.

Quick Reply: 964 Harness Bar - Does one exist