Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

London 964 Spa Franchorchamps Weekend 2016 - Part V

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 03:56 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

Have any of you done driver training at the Ring? 3 of us are heading to Europe and want to drive the Ring. Unfortunately the timing doesn't work with Spa
did two trackdays at the ring. August 2015 and august 2013. Both days were horrible in context of weather (rain, cold) and we`d not that much track-time because of accidents... But as a proper german, i`ve to come back again and again :-)
For the moment, i prefer trackdays on other tracks with more free room alongside the black stuff...
Old 04-07-2016, 09:56 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheeksyboy
Some Sunday 27 March '16 lappery.....
Just spent my lunch time watching the longer one from Saturday. Some very nice H&T going on at the end of the lap and you were keeping your foot in nicely at Blanchimont 1. Takes a lot of ***** to turn without lifting there! Great to see some footage of Gary too. And some 'oldtimers' out on track - I guess they were getting some practice in for the Spa Classic races later in the year. It's given me the impetus to sort out my summer trip to Spa and Zandvoort that I've been thinking of.

BTW...not keen on the auto-focusing with your new camera set up. I guess that feature also caused the blurred footage later on when the windscreen got dirty?
Old 04-07-2016, 11:05 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Just spent my lunch time watching the longer one from Saturday. Some very nice H&T going on at the end of the lap and you were keeping your foot in nicely at Blanchimont 1. Takes a lot of ***** to turn without lifting there! Great to see some footage of Gary too. And some 'oldtimers' out on track - I guess they were getting some practice in for the Spa Classic races later in the year. It's given me the impetus to sort out my summer trip to Spa and Zandvoort that I've been thinking of.

BTW...not keen on the auto-focusing with your new camera set up. I guess that feature also caused the blurred footage later on when the windscreen got dirty?
Its a shame I let Grant past so early, it was very entertaining for a couple of laps with Jovial and the C4S after he went by
Old 04-07-2016, 01:43 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Just spent my lunch time watching the longer one from Saturday. Some very nice H&T going on at the end of the lap and you were keeping your foot in nicely at Blanchimont 1. Takes a lot of ***** to turn without lifting there!
Thanks, still lots of practice required....an excuse to go back me thinks!

Sorry, I know what you mean. It's not so obvious when you watch it back on the phone

First, and last, time I'm using the phone's video capability with the dalalogging software.....though I can export it and put over one of the other videos anyway, so may try that....but for sure it's either a better mount or just stick with the GoPro for video!

Originally Posted by freedman
Its a shame I let Grant past so early, it was very entertaining for a couple of laps with Jovial and the C4S after he went by
Sorry mate.....I thought you'd all come with me (wanted my moment of glory at the front) and then failed to lift off, heavy right foot syndrome
Old 04-08-2016, 06:39 AM
JOVIAL
Intermediate

Hi Chaps,
Next track day for me is Donington Park on July 29th.
Already booked with BaT.
Any takers?
Cheerio
Old 04-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JOVIAL
Hi Chaps,
Next track day for me is Donington Park on July 29th.
Already booked with BaT.
Any takers?
Cheerio
I shall try and pop along in support but the Hornet is toooooo loud for Donny

Quick Reply: London 964 Spa Franchorchamps Weekend 2016 - Part V