Sponsored by:

Godspeed Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 08:58 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts
Default Godspeed Coilovers

I'm also considering these. For the price of camber plates and top mounts from some other guys, I can get a full set of struts, top mounts, springs and camber plates???

GROUP BUY!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2015, 09:20 AM
ChaoticBliss
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidwilson11
RAS the car drives brilliant, im just about to put up a post on the 964 club on Facebook after having the geo done today.

give me ten mins and it will be there along with contact details.

May I ask what suspension you were running before these? Personally I'd be interested to know how they compare to the Bilstein HD/H&R setup.

Thanks
Old 07-20-2015, 11:42 AM
breljohn
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I read reviews on forums (other brands) and I will pass.
Lots of terrible reviews. I wouldn't want to take a chance
Old 07-20-2015, 11:43 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

In most cases there's a connection between price and quality, and you have to cut corners to keep costs down. But sometimes it is as good as it sounds so this is interesting!
Old 07-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the most part I would recommend taking deals like this with a grain of salt. Kits like these with exceptional pricing are not new, and in fact common in the VW scene for budget coilovers. For a little while they will be ok, and you would struggle to find differences from other suspension setups, but after a little while you will start hearing noises and just a matter of time before a shock blows. Some other forums complained of the shock needing to be almost at full stiff to not be bouncy, and after a while it started to make sounds. Theres a reason you only have a year warranty.

Godspeed is a little 'ebay special' like brand, along with a few other brands. Silvers also look like another one of these Taiwan built kits like the Godspeed, even keeping the "Maxxx" in the name. I also found Silvers under a different name while browsing around, something like HWL with similar low pricing.

I hope the Silvers work out for whoever got them, but I'm pretty skeptical.

PS: These Godspeed are now 840 shipped on fleabay
Old 07-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Alex
For the most part I would recommend taking deals like this with a grain of salt. Kits like these with exceptional pricing are not new, and in fact common in the VW scene for budget coilovers. For a little while they will be ok, and you would struggle to find differences from other suspension setups, but after a little while you will start hearing noises and just a matter of time before a shock blows. Some other forums complained of the shock needing to be almost at full stiff to not be bouncy, and after a while it started to make sounds. Theres a reason you only have a year warranty.

Godspeed is a little 'ebay special' like brand, along with a few other brands. Silvers also look like another one of these Taiwan built kits like the Godspeed, even keeping the "Maxxx" in the name. I also found Silvers under a different name while browsing around, something like HWL with similar low pricing.

I hope the Silvers work out for whoever got them, but I'm pretty skeptical.

PS: These Godspeed are now 840 shipped on fleabay
This makes me feel better about the KWV3's I just bought. The Godspeed's do look quite good. For the price, one could blow through 3 sets before being on par with Bilstiein PSS10s or KWV3s. I have to believe the price difference isn't just Pcar markup. At least I hope!
Old 07-20-2015, 02:42 PM
davidwilson11
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

Seems harsh when you haven't seen the kit. However, I understand the sceptics as I'm one too.

I asked all these questions of the silvers and still decided to get them. Same oil as the kW which is 20.

Would be good to let you know that all the components in kW are from Taiwan but built in USA.

My kit has performed really well under road tests and I'm more than happy with the kit.

I'm available to answer any questions on the kit if you have them. Ulitmently I can't say how long they will last as I've only had them a month.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:44 PM
davidwilson11
Racer

Chaoticbliss I had standard shocks and hr springs. Fairly standard stuff, it was time to replace it.

New kit is set at soft just now and it rides like for like with less body roll.

I'm going a little more hardcore soon. I'll update you.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:53 PM
breljohn
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you David. Keep us posted
Old 07-20-2015, 03:03 PM
davidwilson11
Racer

Originally Posted by breljohn
Thank you David. Keep us posted
Will do. I posted on the facebook 964 club if you are on there.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:29 PM
ras62
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you also have the car geo and ride height done? Don't use facebook but would like to hear you comments if you can post them here?
Old 07-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't mean to come across that harsh, its just my point of view based on experience and what I see in front of me. But now the more I look at it the Godspeeds to seem to be just rebranded Silver's.

Here is what I compared to from both [Comparing the GSP Monomax to the Silvers Neomax]:
-Nearly identical appearance, even same shape decal in exact same area, with same powdercoated base.
-Same springs rates.
-Same cold-bent springs are made from high strength SAE9252
-Same carbon seamless steel 52mm tube with a 44mm internal piston.
-Same monotube shock design.
-Same Italian IP F.A made shock oil with a high viscosity index
-Same shock brackets are made out of a T7075 forged aluminum .
-Even the same 1 year warranty.

However, I haven't tried these myself so I could be wrong on how they will hold up. If anything I hope that after a little over a year you have no issues with your Silver's and prove me wrong. On the bright side, if anyone doesn't want to pay for Silver's shipping, you can get these on ebay for really cheap. They also have an earlier car version.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:29 PM
ClaytoVR
Banned

I've put KW coilovers on my last 3 vehicles. As long as they make them I'll always buy them.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:59 AM
davidwilson11
Racer

Ras, very much so. The car was set up last week. Drives superb.

The import / delivery for the silvers was 35£
Old 09-02-2015, 12:11 PM
pi5tolpete
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone else take the plunge and go with these yet?

Quick Reply: Godspeed Coilovers