Sponsored by:

Tyre dilemna

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 07:25 AM
Amroth
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tyre dilemna

Sooo... Continental don't sell the DW ExtremeContact in Dubai. And Hankook don't have stock of the V12 in my size and it will take them two months to order it in

I don't want to put Pirelli's again and Michelins cost an arm and a leg.

Any advice? Ship from Europe? I was thinking shipping from UK is probably my best bet but wanted to know if there are any other middle-eastern based 964 peeps that have already been through this situation...
Old 06-05-2015, 01:02 PM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

You live in Dubai, right ??
Old 06-05-2015, 01:08 PM
BHCfarkas
Racer

Check Tires-easy.com... I'm pretty positive they ship internationally and their selection of tires is extremely wide!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Amroth
Racer

Originally Posted by abarthguy
You live in Dubai, right ??
Yep
Old 06-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Amroth
Racer

Originally Posted by BHCfarkas
Check Tires-easy.com... I'm pretty positive they ship internationally and their selection of tires is extremely wide!
Will check it out
Old 06-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Amroth,

I have the DWs on my car and they perform fine down here. Just like any tire they will wear from dry rot rather than driving, but not abnormal for our climate.

Mine were ordered through tirerack and the International shipping is very reasonable and fast. You will need to e-mail them on this. There is no online quote you can get from their site. I believe it was just short of 200 USD.

Had Michelins and Pirellis before, neither worked great in this heat. Wear was not progressive and the comfort level not good enough in my view. Vibration and noise were a problem. Neither of these were as bad as the Bridgestones I had just before the Contis. They needed balancing every week to be usable and we're noisier than a bus driving by. All these were N rated.

This far the Contis have been the best all roud tire for me.

BTW. In Dubai now for business on my way back to Bahrain tonight
Old 06-25-2015, 10:37 PM
Amroth
Racer

Navaros,

Sorry I had missed your post! Thanks a lot for your input, it gives me the push to stop mulling about the shops here and order the Contis right away. I have been stuck with Pirellis and I really want a quieter and better all-round tyre, even if they look sexy with the red logo on the side wall

Hope your business trip went very well. Once my car is presentable I will let you know so we can perhaps meet the next time you are in town

Quick Reply: Tyre dilemna