Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pedal Cluster Rebuild problem

Old 05-20-2015, 08:06 PM
Twood
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pedal Cluster Rebuild problem

After less than 25 years I noticed my pedal cluster, particularly the throttle bushes (they had falling out), were showing signs of wear so I decided to replace all the bushes in the pedal assembly.

No problems with the disassembly and installing the new bushes but when I re assembled the clutch pedal I am having problems. When I depress the clutch pedal the levers attached to the large return spring drop down into a lower (incorrect) position and the lever will not return to the up position.

What stupid thing have I done wrong or what am I missing?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:07 AM
Twood
Racer

Problem solved - once installed everything found its correct position.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:36 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

The clutch pedal boost spring is adjustable. Just be careful changing it... Too little preload and it will stick. And then when you go to adjust it back, the pedal slams forward and if you're not paying attention. The pedal can do some damage to your hand. It completely caught me off-guard but I was lucky enough to have not been in the way.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Twood
Racer

Thanks Jason-I will be aware. All seems fine on the test drive yesterday so I will probably leave well alone with regard to adjustment.
I do have to modify the micro switch for the cruise control where the contact arm sits on the clutch pedal. It does not seem to be in the correct position to contact the clutch pedal and so my cruise control is not working. I am sure if I stop, look and think I am sure I will figure it out but is in a terrible position to do anything. My ribs are complaining after reinstalling the pedal cluster yesterday.
As always your input and knowledge is much appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pedal Cluster Rebuild problem