Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An Architect’s 964… Black, Black Black!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 10:55 AM
itsujack
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks guys, it’s all coming together slowly. I’m really happy with the RUF Speedlines, the extra width over the cup 1’s really helps and of course nice to get some dish!

Originally Posted by DobermanDad
I'd get some clear signals and blacked out side marker.
Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Love it!

I still see orange and red lights... Wow, blacked-out lights would look so mean.

How to Remove Rear Bumper Face
Thanks for the bumper removal info, think I will have a crack at this if I go ahead with the RS bumper.

Agreed about the lights. I've been looking at full tinted indicators that pop up on eBay from time to time, wondering if they are any good though?

Originally Posted by JV911
fancy meeting you here

I'm not a fan - the section where the rego plate goes is too wide and it's too bulbous where the rego plate lights are. The standard bumpoer is much more streamlined.
Hey JV, this is where all the cool kids hang out, no? Agree about the RS bumper, that's why I haven't installed it. It was painted when the wheels and other bits were done so ready to go, maybe I'll just give it a try and see, can always go back...

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Stunning car itsujack - what have you lowered the suspension to?
Ah, I thought someone might ask that. I'm actually not sure, my indy (who are the best in Sydney!) installed the bilsteins and eibachs for me. They've suggested it could go a touch lower at the front, which would suit the track, but I have a tricky driveway situation so...

Originally Posted by Streetdaddy
Can we see some interior pics?
Yep!, interior, engine and more coming next week.

On another note, full black hood badge is on its way!
Old 05-13-2015, 10:59 AM
itsujack
Instructor

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Black on Black FTW!! Nice car, mate. I love some of the mods you've done. Here's a pic of mine - Mr Black
Wow. Beautiful photo and a great 964 too! It looks identical to ours just before we switched wheels.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:02 AM
itsujack
Instructor

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
Fantastic. Looks great. Then again I would say that since I love black also
Thanks Frank. Have to say that following your 964 and JV's epic RS4 build has been very inspiring!
Old 05-30-2015, 05:00 AM
itsujack
Instructor

Quick pic from this afternoon's continued quest for total black... Smoked indicators and black hood badge installed today!

I took a gamble with the indicators buying online and have to say the quality is good and they are bright when on. But not sure about the badge, think it needs to be gloss?

Name:  Silvester-Fuller-964_201505_001_zps6k7fjnei.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  379.9 KB
Old 05-30-2015, 01:27 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by itsujack
Quick pic from this afternoon's continued quest for total black... Smoked indicators and black hood badge installed today!

I took a gamble with the indicators buying online and have to say the quality is good and they are bright when on. But not sure about the badge, think it needs to be gloss?

yes...gloss...
Old 05-30-2015, 01:56 PM
Earlydays
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Clear coat it....
Old 05-30-2015, 03:47 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

My wife and I are both architects, which means we only wear black turtle necks and only drive black cars apparently Seriously though, there do seem to be quite a few designers and creatives here in Sydney into 964s, which is great. Wonder if this is the case elsewhere?…

====> funny. i guess architects are the same world wide? my sister and i are both architects (well i used to practice architecture), black mock turtle neck, blk slacks. it's either black or white...

beautiful car. i will have one soon.
will some one on this board sell me a nice clean 964!!!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:47 PM
b16gsr
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

beautiful car, those RUFs look great
Old 06-21-2015, 08:41 AM
itsujack
Instructor

Ok time for a little update:

Think I reached peak black obsession earlier this month so going back on some mods, namely the black badge and front indicators. I know a lot people go clears but I've never been a fan and thought the smoked would work but they just don't. Looking back at earlier photos I really like the bright orange stock ones so they're going back on.

Earlier this month Chris from Radios in Motion installed the VDO head unit, some pics below. This was suggested by the guys at Autohaus. It's been installed in a few cars now including JV's epic RS4 and the Autohaus Grp4. Having run with it for a couple weeks now have to say it has been faultless, great to use, very intuitive, has that OEM look (and brand) and most of all sounds great. Have my iPhone in a mount and bluetooth calls working well. My only issue is that you are unable to change the backlight and all the ones available here in Australia (CD9303UB-AU) are green, whereas the euro spec ones are orange (CD9303UB-CV) which would be better to match the rest of the gauge lighting. Need to source a couple of euro ones... It looks like this:

Name:  964_C4_Itsujack_030_zpsj5hbllvy.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  224.2 KB

Name:  964_C4_Itsujack_031_zpssrlhghip.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  244.6 KB

Name:  964_C4_Itsujack_032_zpsmkarey8j.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  252.3 KB
Old 06-22-2015, 02:59 AM
StopLookGo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks mint
Old 11-18-2015, 03:59 AM
SimonExtreme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 9 years away from this forum, I was catching up on things and this has to be my favorite thread.

Architect, Sydney, 964 and the colour black. My kids would think this thread was about me! While I don't wear black turtle necks, people think my whole wardrobe is black and yes, my regular drive is black....

But I bought my 964 before I changed career and became an architect, which is my excuse for choosing the wrong colour

I love what you have done to your car - it's the coolest 964 I can remember seeing - and if I could go back 10 years, thinking how I do now, I would have loved to find a black car, although I doubt i could have found one. And unlike yours, I have kept it standard.

I will have to pay careful attention now and see if i can spot you one day, so if you see a red 964RS flashing you like crazy, you will know that the driver is not just another person whose mid life crisis meant buying a Porsche, but it also meant a career change to architecture
Old 11-18-2015, 04:12 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by itsujack
Ok time for a little update: Think I reached peak black obsession earlier this month so going back on some mods, namely the black badge and front indicators. I know a lot people go clears but I've never been a fan and thought the smoked would work but they just don't. Looking back at earlier photos I really like the bright orange stock ones so they're going back on. Earlier this month Chris from Radios in Motion installed the VDO head unit, some pics below. This was suggested by the guys at Autohaus. It's been installed in a few cars now including JV's epic RS4 and the Autohaus Grp4. Having run with it for a couple weeks now have to say it has been faultless, great to use, very intuitive, has that OEM look (and brand) and most of all sounds great. Have my iPhone in a mount and bluetooth calls working well. My only issue is that you are unable to change the backlight and all the ones available here in Australia (CD9303UB-AU) are green, whereas the euro spec ones are orange (CD9303UB-CV) which would be better to match the rest of the gauge lighting. Need to source a couple of euro ones... It looks like this:
What speakers are you using?
Old 11-18-2015, 07:12 AM
itsujack
Instructor

Originally Posted by SimonExtreme
After 9 years away from this forum, I was catching up on things and this has to be my favorite thread.

Architect, Sydney, 964 and the colour black. My kids would think this thread was about me! While I don't wear black turtle necks, people think my whole wardrobe is black and yes, my regular drive is black....

But I bought my 964 before I changed career and became an architect, which is my excuse for choosing the wrong colour

I love what you have done to your car - it's the coolest 964 I can remember seeing - and if I could go back 10 years, thinking how I do now, I would have loved to find a black car, although I doubt i could have found one. And unlike yours, I have kept it standard.

I will have to pay careful attention now and see if i can spot you one day, so if you see a red 964RS flashing you like crazy, you will know that the driver is not just another person whose mid life crisis meant buying a Porsche, but it also meant a career change to architecture
Thanks mate, and welcome back! I have the car pretty close to where we want it, just a couple more items on the to do list, ever evolving...

Wow 964RS is a rare car especially in oz. Would love to find one but likely that ship has sailed... Will be on the lookout for yours. A few of us meet up for a drive or a coffee from time to time in Sydney, you should join us, all coordinated through PFA porscheforum.com.au Mostly short morning drives north of the city, but a few of us are heading out to Bathurst for the next one on 5th Dec. http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/765...thurst-beyond/ Bring the RS for a run!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:15 AM
itsujack
Instructor

Originally Posted by John McM
What speakers are you using?
Updated all the speakers with Polk Audio when we did the headunit. Fronts are DB651S and Rears are DB461.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:48 AM
Madturk
Three Wheelin'

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Sharp looking car. Lucky me for not being a architect as I don't just do black. I got black, red, silver and white

Quick Reply: An Architect’s 964… Black, Black Black!