Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

....and then sometimes its just a darn AC fuse!

Old 05-10-2015, 10:09 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ....and then sometimes its just a darn AC fuse!

Just a heads up for those of you with non working AC. I was prepared to go thru my whole system, it hasn't been operational for over a year. I was sure it was going to be a low freon level as apparently if the freon level is low the AC compressor will not turn to avoid costly damages.....

In the engine compartment fusebox my car has 3 fuses stacked on top of each other, the bottom most is a 7.5 Amp fuse, pulled it out and it was blown. Changed it out now its once again cold and chilly air!!

Who wooda thunk???

FYI

Jaime
The following users liked this post:
Turbo Jonny (11-27-2023)
Old 05-10-2015, 10:43 PM
ducnine
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

Jamie, I hope in your situation it's just a blown fuse and its not the same situation that I am in now.

FYI:

I wound up doing the R134 update and the AC was blowing nice and cold. It was so nice to have AC. But then after a few hours the AC stopped working.
I checked the fuse and it was blown. So I changed to fuse and same thing. After doing some research I think the culprit is my Front Right Blower fan. I think the motor bearing might be on its last legs. I've always heard it squealing but now the AC fuse keeps blowing. A new Blower fan is not cheap...so looking for some retrofit solutions.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ront-dash.html
Old 05-11-2015, 01:25 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Wow ducnine, thanx for the heads-up! So, I take it that the 7.5 amp fuse serves both the AC compressor AND the ventilation blowers???

Anybody else know??

thanx
Old 05-12-2015, 04:46 PM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Ducnine, sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by ducnine
Jamie, I hope in your situation it's just a blown fuse and its not the same situation that I am in now.

FYI:

I wound up doing the R134 update and the AC was blowing nice and cold. It was so nice to have AC. But then after a few hours the AC stopped working.
I checked the fuse and it was blown. So I changed to fuse and same thing. After doing some research I think the culprit is my Front Right Blower fan. I think the motor bearing might be on its last legs. I've always heard it squealing but now the AC fuse keeps blowing. A new Blower fan is not cheap...so looking for some retrofit solutions.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ront-dash.html
Old 11-22-2023, 05:35 PM
SafetyP1
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I’ve just hit this problem on my ‘12 991 C2S. My car is UK, so fuses were slightly different. It was 40A fuse A1 on drivers side. Which is bottom left on the A row. Once I pulled that, the blower shut up. Now I’ve ordered part no 99162442301. I managed to get the Mahle one for £50. Going to fit it myself. Pelicanparts have videos to remove the cup holder and glovebox.

Last edited by SafetyP1; 11-22-2023 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:55 PM
SafetyP1
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Correction, it was passenger side on uk car. Fuse A1, which is first/top row group, bottom fuse on left in this row.

and looks like I put this on the wrong thread!

Last edited by SafetyP1; 11-25-2023 at 07:56 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ....and then sometimes its just a darn AC fuse!