Sponsored by:

My 911design 1 of 1 "a proper 964"

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 03:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ i already sold one kidney for the few RS's in the warehouse. so now it's the kids... or may be sell their kidney.... i am hopeless.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:23 PM
DTMLGND
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ i already sold one kidney for the few RS's in the warehouse. so now it's the kids... or may be sell their kidney.... i am hopeless.
I Love this guy^^^ Thanks for the Friday chuckle!
Old 10-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Pichu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He didn't post the price (unless it's a chort?)

I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a pass. Every thread seems to talk about money now. It's all BS.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trashing a seller on his "asking" price has become all too common and out of had; regardless if the price is posted not. How a rennlistt's classified section become an editorial on values is ludicrous. Pelican parts has it right - no comments allowed in the classified section. Should be the same here.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Al HURT123
Trashing a seller on his "asking" price has become all too common and out of had; regardless if the price is posted not. How a rennlistt's classified section become an editorial on values is ludicrous. Pelican parts has it right - no comments allowed in the classified section. Should be the same here.
+1 on this.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:39 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey it's a discussion forum not the for sale section. Can't tell me the seller would not expect discussion on his price. In the end if he gets his price or even close to it, it's great for everyone...even at half his ask..it's still great for everyone.

Now the whole "Singer cost too much money" discussions are getting past their time. I'm not trying to advocate for Singer but let's break it down a bit.

A full custom rebuild on any of our engines NA or Turbo will run you from 40k to about $65k or more. Keep in mind Singer uses top builders who must prove every engine to said horsepower.

Now go find an outfit to custom make you carbon fiber body parts to your specs. Set up, machining and mold will probably cost you a fortune. For example Ruf charges over $2500 for a rear fiberglass bumper.

So let's include the wheels, harness, suspension,interior, custom made machine parts..etc..etc

When you add all that up plus the the hours involved, by some of the best in the business(who probably charge a boatload per hour) the price of the Singer may not be as crazy as some make it sound.

Along with some of you, I think the price is nuts but after seeing some restorations and having some work done on my own car, I can certainly see why the cost is so high.

For comparison a full restoration on a 75 Turbo I know of will be over six figure by the time all is said and done. Nothing custom, just using all factory parts.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:18 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Article
http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...by-911-design/
Old 01-29-2016, 03:10 PM
FormulaRX
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandit
Just read it. What a poorly written and disappointing article. It gives NO credit to the extreme craftsmanship that went into building this car. I live right by 911 Designs and have seen this car in person on multiple occasions and even during the stages of it being built. The article portrays the car as being a regular 964 with a few mods done to it. That's far from the truth. They missed about 75% of what makes this car unique. They forgot to talk in detail about or even mention about: - Carbon fiber roof and rain gutter delete - how the car was converted from C4 to C2 using a 993 6 speed tranny and whether the car retained the c4 hydro brake system or went with regular vacuum based brake system - the integrated roll cage - how the car weighs only 2,600 lbs or so - detailed pics of the engine build including how much power it makes - pics of the interior - the fact that the car was stripped down to the bare chassis and built back bolt by bolt - fully functional cup car brake ducting The list goes on and on. Too many other things to list. The car is truly amazing but unfortunately this article does not give the car or the work put into it the credit it deserves.

Last edited by FormulaRX; 01-29-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:37 AM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by FormulaRX
Just read it. What a poorly written and disappointing article. It gives NO credit to the extreme craftsmanship that went into building this car. I live right by 911 Designs and have seen this car in person on multiple occasions and even during the stages of it being built. The article portrays the car as being a regular 964 with a few mods done to it. That's far from the truth. They missed about 75% of what makes this car unique. They forgot to talk in detail about or even mention about: - Carbon fiber roof and rain gutter delete - how the car was converted from C4 to C2 using a 993 6 speed tranny and whether the car retained the c4 hydro brake system or went with regular vacuum based brake system - the integrated roll cage - how the car weighs only 2,600 lbs or so - detailed pics of the engine build including how much power it makes - pics of the interior - the fact that the car was stripped down to the bare chassis and built back bolt by bolt - fully functional cup car brake ducting The list goes on and on. Too many other things to list. The car is truly amazing but unfortunately this article does not give the car or the work put into it the credit it deserves.
just picked up that article in the april issue of "european car" and was thoroughly disappointed, you gave a dead accurate assessment of the **** poor write up of the car! EVERYTHING about that car is custom. EVERYTHING. i remember it when it was a gutted shell with the horse hair in the glue still showing. and now it is breathtaking. Total 911 should do a write up, not these hacks.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:38 PM
islandsnow
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

what ever happened to this 964?
Old 04-26-2019, 07:27 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by islandsnow
what ever happened to this 964?
Pretty sure Singer bought it, stripped it of everything useful and tossed it into the boneyard with the rest of their shells. I heard they already have a $300,000 deposit on it with a projected completion date of Spring 2025.

But I could be wrong.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:24 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 119 Posts

It was for sale at a dealer awhile back, I suspect maybe it was traded in. I want to say Phillips Auto maybe?

Quick Reply: My 911design 1 of 1 "a proper 964"