Sponsored by:

I'm a Bad Man....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 04:21 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Tell him to pay his bill.

I personally prefer the 5spd. Not only is the 2nd gear synchro more robust, but on all but the most peaky race engines there is little advantage. It becomes a balancing act of shifting versus available power. Though I'm that guy who shows up at Daytona with a 2.33 1st gear that can be run through turn 1. I don't believe in writing off 1st like most people do. It should be just short enough to get out of the pits and tall enough to take your slowest corners.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:23 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Tell him to pay his bill.

I personally prefer the 5spd. Not only is the 2nd gear synchro more robust, but on all but the most peaky race engines there is little advantage. It becomes a balancing act of shifting versus available power. Though I'm that guy who shows up at Daytona with a 2.33 1st gear that can be run through turn 1. I don't believe in writing off 1st like most people do. It should be just short enough to get out of the pits and tall enough to take your slowest corners.
THIS is precisely the discussion Steve and I were having when I wrote the above. You really do want to see the dyno before you provide input, do you not.

We think in the Club Racing world, even if it will be a ***** out Rothsport GT car, that the 6speed just might provide more flexibility.

I REALLY do like the thought of an active first, but the thought (Club racing again) of the tiny clutch and the big first limping through the paddocks, on the grass, and working around pedestrians, etc would be a big hassle.

Not so? A five speed dog box with a biggie first would be the ****s - but try to get Jeff to build one.....
Old 03-27-2015, 05:31 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Our guys lost the clutch in a busstop incident that cut the hydraulics and were rev match shifting, on a 997 Cup. On pit stops the car had to be pushed out of the pit box by the crew.

So a car likes yours, in Club racing, on normal tracks, is aero and HP limited to around 155-160mph. It becomes a question of rpms. If you rev to 7500 or 8000 then the 6spd definitely is more effective when optimized. But if you run 6800? A 5spd with legs has an advantage with fewer shifts and more versatility at any given place.

SoClose (Paul) might have a dog box for sale. He had Copans build it and while he hasn't told me what exactly happened, I have gotten the impression from his posts that it didn't really work out for him. It was built with identical ratios to his synchro box, so the ratios clearly weren't the problem.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:01 PM
KaiB
Banned

Spoke with Paul last month. (I write this here because there might be a few folks interested in these gear boxes and the thought that goes into them....)

He was halfway. Didn't really LOVE the dogbox, but did say it was faster....worth the money in our world, I don't know.

We were discussing a six speed box in my new build, which will have a Gamroth ballsy 3.6 at around 400hp and will go to 7.8 to 8K rpm...don't know, but would imagine that the curve will look very much like his similar 3.8s and 3.9s as the design, parts and execution will be very much the same.

We also have had long talks about setups in your LSDs...as much as I love to learn and futz, I've also learned to listen to ya'll and leave well enough alone as the car works exactly as I would like it to.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:35 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

KaiB ,

I apologize for the remark I made about you.

I am friends with Anthony and understood his frustration as he was anxious to complete his project.
On another occasion I had sent someone a large amount of money for superchargers for my boat and
nothing came , then the hiding game.

Again , if Tony's good I'm sorry about my comment. When someone's my friend I will stand with them.

Mike
Old 03-27-2015, 10:41 PM
hockenheimr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bad Boys 1
Not looking to add to the drama, however as it has been mentioned several times I'm the one who referred to you as a ****tard.

It seem so ridiculous to come here and admit you screwed up by not completing the original transaction.
Then continue to drag it out by ignoring Anthony.

Then post stupid comments like "you know where to find me ". Schools over- grow up.
I only got into this as I, and many others here value Anthony as a very good friend.

If Anthony is OK with this then its over.

Mike
Finally, the real Mike Lowrey stands up! Mike how can I be next on the list to own that car....PM me.

I don't have much merit here......yet! but I think if you messed up...which you did Kai...then you should accept all commentary as is and not ask for anyone to retrench on their comments. You can't say you messed up and then get mad at a few individuals that stood up for a proper guy like Anthony. All sales on this site are based on respect and honor and when you mess that up you deserve all the wrath that comes at you....you are only as good as your last transaction.

Peace!

Last edited by hockenheimr; 03-27-2015 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:12 PM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said Hockenheimr. Agree 100%
Old 03-28-2015, 04:35 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

You are only as good as your last transaction? Rubbish. So a guy could be a member for a decade, have several hundred sales and screws up and he's now mud? What a load of crap. People are human. They make mistakes. It's really between the buyer and seller.

And we are not 14 year olds. Calling someone a retard because you feel you need to get someone's back? One can be loyal to a friend without bring juvenile. Tony expressed his frustration and disappointment like a man. Not everyone posting here holds themselves to the same standard I guess.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:35 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
You are only as good as your last transaction? Rubbish. So a guy could be a member for a decade, have several hundred sales and screws up and he's now mud? What a load of crap. People are human. They make mistakes. It's really between the buyer and seller.
Spot-on, Matt. I'd totally concur!!

It reminds me of an old cliche about living in glass houses.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:31 AM
hockenheimr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your opinion reflects your commitment to your own client transactions.

Steve & GT, have you ever totally wasted someone's time and totally forgot to deliver a part? and then make a post about it...and then even after making a post about it...didn't respond to this person? and then got mad when people said you're not reliable?

I've only ever heard the 'glass house' line from people who had something to sell...seriously....how does that even apply here.....name one person on this thread that is afraid of you throwing a stone at their Rennelist image?...other then you guy? We put in the time and passion for free.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:03 AM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

GT gears _ Steve

I bet there are a lot of people serving time that wish you were judges.
Because they probably only did it once.

And your guy telling me " you know where to find me " wasn't juvenile. Because you got his back right.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:57 AM
KaiB
Banned

Reminds me of the old joke about the Scott: ."..aye, but let them catch you fvking just ONE goat..."

Let's go racing!!! It's spring.

FWIW, I had a long chat with Tony - who's really cool for a N.J. boy - and look forward to meeting him at the Glen next year. He knows an AWFUL lot about cars in general, and our cars for sure, as well as a veritable raft of people who have been involved with them.

In a car full of GT steel and a Rennsport suspension.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:20 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by hockenheimr
Your opinion reflects your commitment to your own client transactions.
I hope so.

Steve & GT, have you ever totally wasted someone's time and totally forgot to deliver a part? and then make a post about it...and then even after making a post about it...didn't respond to this person? and then got mad when people said you're not reliable?
I've never wasted anyone's time, but one time I did lose an order and forgot to send something. It was a good learning lesson for me.

I've only ever heard the 'glass house' line from people who had something to sell...seriously....how does that even apply here.....name one person on this thread that is afraid of you throwing a stone at their Rennelist image?...other then you guy? We put in the time and passion for free.
My point with that cliche was to say that we are ALL imperfect human beings who do make mistakes (accidental or otherwise) on the journey called "Life". I find it somewhat hypocritical to sanction others for the same human frailties we all have since none of us are really perfect.

Its all about intent and certainly, that judgement may be both subjective and framed by life's experiences.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:25 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
Reminds me of the old joke about the Scott: ."..aye, but let them catch you fvking just ONE goat..."

Let's go racing!!! It's spring.

FWIW, I had a long chat with Tony - who's really cool for a N.J. boy - and look forward to meeting him at the Glen next year. He knows an AWFUL lot about cars in general, and our cars for sure, as well as a veritable raft of people who have been involved with them.

In a car full of GT steel and a Rennsport suspension.
It would appear we have been pushed to the side in this conversation.

Putting a voice to a name tells you so much more about a person. Was good speaking with you and I look forward to some driving at the freshly paved Glen next year.

Guys the love is appreciated and we are all friends here. Life goes on thankfully.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:50 AM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Glad to see this has worked its way through our digestive system. I want to add that Kai has been forthright in all our dealings and has donated parts to me, gratis, just because he is a solid guy. **** happens, me make our ammends and move on, just as we are doing here, now. Awesome to see the community coming together again and enjoying the hobby.

Have a solid week ahead gang, and know that life is good!

Quick Reply: I'm a Bad Man....