I'm a Bad Man....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 05:05 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
Tony, please accept my apologies. I've been out of the loop and the box is still in
Aud's car. Weiner just phoned and gave me heads up.

No excuses, just fact, I screwed the pooch on this one. From here on out, if I sell anything to a RL'er, I will send it and ask for payment after he receives it.

I will get a check out to you in the morning mail Tony and raise a glass to those of you who know me.

As to whomever wrote: "Maybe redefined the term to ****tard.", you don't know me, my heart or my desire to help others. You know where I live, so if you still have a problem with me in your little urban way, just come on down, I'm easy to find.
Your account is under review for sanctions. Just so you know.

Buying from a Rennlist Member provides an added level of confidence in the transaction. Your behavior here undermines that.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Cobalt, please confirm that you have received the refund.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2015, 07:14 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Cobalt, please confirm that you have received the refund.

Thanks
Bob and Randy, Tony won't receive the refund until at least Tuesday as I won't even post it until tmrw.

Holy Cow guys! I've conducted a veritable raft of transactions through RL, and have given stuff away to several members over the years. I feel badly about this, but am actually pissed that you two would treat me this way.

Cheers. I'd better stop now as I really am pissed off at you two.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:57 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

The gentleman doth protest too much.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:28 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy V
The gentleman doth protest too much.
Methinks Kai has played the fool.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:39 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Bob, Randy

I appreciate your concerns and understand it is your duty to resolve this since it has gone this far. I believe we will all agree this is not Kai's normal behavior he has shown to be a valued asset to these forums. Kai has reached out to me and we are back on track. It was an unfortunate mistake and I have no doubt he will take the appropriate action and all is forgiven between us.

Thank you for your attention to this matter but I believe no further action will be necessary.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Not looking to add to the drama, however as it has been mentioned several times I'm the one who referred to you as a ****tard.

It seem so ridiculous to come here and admit you screwed up by not completing the original transaction.
Then continue to drag it out by ignoring Anthony.

Then post stupid comments like "you know where to find me ". Schools over- grow up.
I only got into this as I, and many others here value Anthony as a very good friend.

If Anthony is OK with this then its over.

Mike
Old 03-27-2015, 01:39 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Is this for real? I thought the RL sanctions were a joke. Send me a bill. I will pay Kai's debt. This is a couple hundreds dollars. We are Porsche owners. This is way less than we spend one weekend on the track.

I'm sorry Anthony missed an event over this but this really is ridiculous.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:23 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Is this for real? I thought the RL sanctions were a joke. Send me a bill. I will pay Kai's debt. This is a couple hundreds dollars. We are Porsche owners. This is way less than we spend one weekend on the track.
As will I.

An honest mistake by a VERY honest & straight up individual; show me someone who hasn't done something just like that in their lives as we are all human.

Nobody died here.

I've been here long enough (since 1996) to know people who should have been sanctioned, but Kai sure isn't one of them.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:34 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Guys I believe far too much has already been said. I never wanted it to come to this and I gave it as much latitude as I felt I should. I figured between the emails PM's and responses to his own thread that eventually I would receive a response but I didn't. Initially this was concerning and then became frustrating. As you can see I posted here on the 20th and again on the 22nd and I sent him both a PM and an email with a final request for information along with a fair warning of my intention to post here prior to posting again on the 24th. I did not start a new thread with the intention to bash I posted to Kai's own thread in hope of a response. I was taken aback by the whole thing since I know Kai to be an upstanding member of this community.

I will say to put things into perspective this "minor" problem as it was put did impact me on a much larger scale than just missing a DE and it was never about the $$. Unfortunately the parts in question placed a proverbial wrench in the works for multiple coinciding projects that will take a while to recover from. If it was less critical I would have waited longer and made additional requests for information before taking it further.

With that being said. Kai made a mistake and failed to follow through unintentionally. As said nobody died and all is now resolved. We all make mistakes and I can't hold him responsible for my predicament over this. Once Kai was made aware of what was transpiring he took immediate action to remedy it. He has made it clear it was not intentional and has offered to make good and then some. That is all I can ask and I hold no ill will towards him I believe and hope he feels the same.

This was an unfortunate situation maybe we will all learn from it and I have no doubt Kai will not be one to make the same mistake twice.

If it is Ok with the Moderators I see no reason why this thread should continue. Kai does not deserve any more abuse for an inadvertent mistake.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:45 AM
KaiB
Banned

Nah Tony, my shoulders are broad enough to take grief for my own screw-ups.

I do, however, resent the concept of "sanctions" from those who have no clue, and the ***tard comment.

I'll get over it as this is not about me. If you would like the rotors (as I offered, gratis), let me know here and I'll post them to you along with a check less shipping.

They're actually now back on my shop bench and out of the family truck....

Matt and Steve, if you'd like to send money, I do need slicks and pads. Thanks for the offer.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:54 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Nah Tony, my shoulders are broad enough to take grief for my own screw-ups.

I do, however, resent the concept of "sanctions" from those who have no clue, and the ***tard comment.

I'll get over it as this is not about me. If you would like the rotors (as I offered, gratis), let me know here and I'll post them to you along with a check less shipping.

They're actually now back on my shop bench and out of the family truck....

Matt and Steve, if you'd like to send money, I do need slicks and pads. Thanks for the offer.
PM sent.

I could use some slicks and pads too.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Steve, if you'd like to send money, I do need slicks and pads. Thanks for the offer.
I can sponsor you on pads, but I expect some podium finishes.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:12 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

I don't make tires or pads. But get in touch next time you need new synchros.

For the record I don't fault Tony at all for how he handled this. He did what he had to.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:43 PM
KaiB
Banned

Originally Posted by GTgears
I don't make tires or pads.
OK then Matt, how about a six speed G-50 with a 1.04 top and one of your Clubsport LSDs. Ship it out to Gamroth, he'll know what to do with it.

Thanks for the offer.

(Steve says hi, we're on the phone as I type)

Quick Reply: I'm a Bad Man....