Sponsored by:

Blower motor waring

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Gelignite
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor waring

For anyone looking to replace the blower motor rather than the whole unit i have a cautionary tale. I did mine about 4 years ago and thought that was the end of it. However, it started to work intermittently and was blowing fuses again. Now it has completely packed up again. So i took it all apart again and it looks like the fan was rubbing on the housing. I must have not got it quite straight or balanced. I am going to replace it again but this time will test it all before installing in the car. So to anyone else if you have done this and still blowing fuses i suggest to take it apart again and check. If you are going to do it make sure you test it because it seems the tolerance is tight, which i completely missed until it caused the motor to fail again.
Steve
Old 10-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

If you are talking about the rear heater blower. Yes, I have replaced both the whole assembly but most recently, I replaced just the electric motor and reused the rest. Its not hard to do and saves a lot of money. Let me try to find the RL thread that gives the instructions and where to get the motor.

Found it = https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...wer-motor.html

Quick Reply: Blower motor waring