Sponsored by:

UK's first classic motorpark

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default UK's first classic motorpark

Interesting program on tonight at 8 (BT Sport) with Abi Griffiths of “Motorsport Tonight” featuring “Bicester Heritage” site (UK’s first classic car/motorcycle/plane park) I think they will be showing a couple of nice air-cooled 911’s including Autofarm’s 911ST (actually a reworked 911s) so probably worth a watch (unfortunately no 964’s). The site is well worth a visit just to see all the eye candy but it also sits bang in the middle of 911 heartland in Oxfordshire (Autofarm, Tuthills, RedTek, John Williams & Silverstone) - I might be able to arrange a group visit with breakfast and sort some routes & pubs if you guys fancied a visit.

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/
BTW unfortunately no affiliation to any of the above bar the fact that its my 911’s winter residence!

Old 10-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I take it BT Sport is some pay per view configuration? I haven't got BT since I fell out with them at the call centre and was black-balled is there a workaround that I couold view it elsewhere?

Old 10-07-2014, 04:12 PM
NateSaJack
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be up for a visit!

Out of interest how much do they charge for winter storage?
Old 10-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Brideyo
Racer

Originally Posted by Zingari
I take it BT Sport is some pay per view configuration? I haven't got BT since I fell out with them at the call centre and was black-balled is there a workaround that I couold view it elsewhere?

Yes just discovered the same. Sky charge enough as it is frankly
Old 10-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it as I am abroad on business. I think BT sport is part of the optional package that is thrown in with BT broadband.

The storage side is looked after by Andrew & Charlie (Historit) so best to give them a call as rates might have changed - last I know was 100+VAT, although not sure if its the same for short term as mine are there pretty much most of the year due to lack of parking space/garage but what makes them different is that cars are stored in a hanger with 10" concrete floor and high ceilings which makes damp redundant as temp is stable with a natural air flow furthermore they roll the cars, start them up once a month (bring up to operating temp) and even take them for a spin or MOT if you want (includes car cover too).

Weekend of 1st/2nd November is good for me, I can also do a weekday so that we can tour the likes of Autofarm, Redtek, Tuthill or mix in a drive into Cotswolds with a pub stop for lunch.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:57 PM
NateSaJack
Instructor

email sent re the storage.

Could work as an alternative L9O Sunday drive out??
Old 10-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats a good idea. I could hopefully also sort a visit to Neil Bainbridge at BS Motorsport which is close by and full of super-rare aircooled pork.

Would help with L9O route too if required.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:06 PM
mf_rsr
Pro

I'd be up for a BS motorsport visit James as well as the above...
Old 10-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I really like the idea of a weekday. Would be easier to schedule a few places to visit so we're not asking them to open up on their days off. I'd take a day off work for that. Weekend 1/2 Nov works for me too.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:55 PM
NateSaJack
Instructor

I could do the 1st, but will struggle with a weekday this side of Christmas. Unless anyway can do Friday 17th Oct?

Quick Reply: UK's first classic motorpark