Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Family Mountain Fun (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:09 PM
TurboScott
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on a beautiful car, but more importantly a beautiful family. I am heading to Asheville in 2 weeks, but will be taking my X5 to haul our bikes for some fun single track. I hope to drag my kids and wife up there soon thereafter in our 964. Thanks for the great post.

Cheers,

Scott
Old 10-06-2014, 09:01 PM
RSAErick
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the beautiful scenery, car, and family. Makes me want to get my car back on the ground and take a day trip before the weather turns - thanks for the inspiration.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Nikolaus964
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mountains?

here is a picture of real mountains and not just hills

http://www.grossglockner.at/en/
Sorry, could not resist…

Nikolaus
Old 10-08-2014, 12:22 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Thanks everyone, I enjoyed sharing them with the group.

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
...As usual the 964 was so much fun to drive and was 100% reliable...
Well not 100%.... I pulled the car out of the garage yesterday and noticed something was missing on the passenger side! The lower support had gone missing (?) after a service so the shark didn't fully have the support it needed, I think the top clip fatigued over time and snapped... anyone have an extra passenger side shark panel for sale (and metal support)?

Originally Posted by mmporsche
Looks like we had the same idea this weekend. I took my family up to Frisco, CO for a nice dinner and a few side trips up some canyons to press the corners. Drove over the continental divide - elevation 11,990. Car pulled strong all the way.
Exactly the same idea. I'm sure you got lots of smiles and thumbs up too.

Originally Posted by boxsey911
It's obvious from the pics that your family loves the car as much as you do. Thanks for posting.
Porsche really isn't there thing, but they enjoy the crazy adventures we've gone on and know that I've made a lot of good friends while owning the car. On the whole it's been a huge positive owning the 964.

Originally Posted by Laker
great photos as always.... Looking back on my weekend, I went to swim practice and home depot. you win.
If you took the 64 also, they we tied.

Originally Posted by turbotwoshoes
...My son is now 34 and daughter 31 and both have the goal of one day being 911 people. We truly are the fortunate few...
It might sound funny to say "911 People" but it's true that they are a different breed. When a hiker offered to take our family picture, and his second sentence was, "I have a 911 too..." I felt like I knew the man on a different level.

Originally Posted by Fracture
this will be stunning in 2 weeks or so, can you go back and take the pic again then?...
No way, that's exactly the time it will be insane. I'm glad we saw some color, but I was even happier that there was little traffic on those curvy roads.

Originally Posted by TurboScott
....I am heading to Asheville in 2 weeks, but will be taking my X5 to haul our bikes for some fun single track.
I'm heading to W. Kerr Scott Lake for some camping and trail riding at Warrior Creek and OVT! On Friday the 964 will look like this:

Originally Posted by Nikolaus964
here is a picture of real mountains and not just hills
Sorry, could not resist…

Nikolaus
They say our old mountains were once tall like your young mountains...

Thanks everyone, I'm off to find a shark fin...
Old 10-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Jetta,

You're a true Porsche hero in my book.
First you take the whole family of 4 on a trip in it, then you take the bike?!? That's just in a whole other category.

Keep posting, cause I'll keep reading and smiling.

Quick Reply: Family Mountain Fun (pics)