Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing the HRE Classic Series

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow much cheaper than the last hre quote i got.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:28 PM
WheelEnhancement
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
More question,

What are centres made of?
How are the centres mounted?
Are they cast or forged?
Are lips and barrels aluminium?
Are they a genuine three piece wheel?
What weight would they be in the below size?
In the below sizes what size would the lips be front and back?
What group buy discounts could you afford us?

18"
8J ET52
10J ET47
HRE CL 300 (price applies to any of the styles)
Standard Finish Center (Silver, Charcoal, Black, White, Red, Bronze) Polished/Powder Clear Coated Lip
Retail = $5600 set of four
Rennlist Price = $5040 plus any applicable tax
Hello Black Betty,

I will try answer these in order.

- The wheel centers are forged 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Centers are face mounted using ARP stainless steel assembly hardware.
- They are forged aluminum (See Above)
- Lips/Barrels are also aluminum. Spun/Rolled 6061
- They are a true 3 piece wheel. They use a silicon seal and as long as the tires are properly mounted there should be no problems with the seal. I have currently has my C109's on my car for 2.5 years and two tire mountings with zero issues.
- HRE is cutting some of the first production wheels for photo shoots so they will have wheel weights very soon.
- Depending on the brakes used on the vehicle you will probably see a 1.5" front lip and a 2 - 2.5" lip on the rear. Since this is a brand new series I can have HRE's engineers check the brake to forging clearance. I don't want to assume anything so I can check.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:36 PM
WheelEnhancement
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
Wow much cheaper than the last hre quote i got.

Yeah this is a great series. From a manufacturing standpoint they are very clean and simple. If you compare it to the P1 or S1 you will notice those wheels have a ton of surfacing (non flat surfaces) and that machining takes almost 3 times as long per wheel when compared to some of the more traditional styles. The Comp Series uses titanium hardware which is a large materials cost increase there alone.

I look at these and I think clean, stylish, and purposeful.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:42 PM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

BLACK-BETTY, we currently do not offer group-buy discounts as we believe the Classic Series pricing is competitive considering the build integrity and when compared to similar quality brands currently on the market.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:41 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelEnhancement
- They are a true 3 piece wheel. They use a silicon seal and as long as the tires are properly mounted there should be no problems with the seal.
My 547s purchased from Wheel Enhancement in 2006 are still looking as perfect and leak free as the first day, definitely a quality wheel. Do you take trade-ins? J/K
Old 09-08-2014, 03:55 PM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by LPMM
My 547s purchased from Wheel Enhancement in 2006 are still looking as perfect and leak free as the first day, definitely a quality wheel. Do you take trade-ins? J/K
They actually do - although we're not quite sure what models they're looking for but it's worth a shot to seek them out
Old 09-09-2014, 12:04 PM
WheelEnhancement
Former Vendor

That is correct. We mostly take OE trade ins and sometimes aftermarket, but it depends on our current inventory and demand for the application.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:35 PM
944CS
Drifting

makes me want to go out and buy a Testarossa! Awesome job
Old 09-09-2014, 02:13 PM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

For those inquiring about weights, to give you an idea, we weighed our showroom wheels (21x9.5), roughly 28lbs - across all models with the 305 weighing in on the heavier end of that spectrum. We're awaiting 18" examples to be cut, to weigh those as well.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:19 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

I remember reading something in stanceworks about a proposal, a green lambo and HRE revisiting the classic wheels. Is this the response to that?
Old 09-15-2014, 11:24 PM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
I remember reading something in stanceworks about a proposal, a green lambo and HRE revisiting the classic wheels. Is this the response to that?
Ah, that was our first time revisiting the past (launched a few years back), the HRE Vintage Collection:
Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2014, 09:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

I am looking for something for track DE duty only.

I am building a widebody 964 on narrow body suspension. Other than the 305 which would be the strongest and most cost effective in a 9 x 18 ET 48 and 11 X 18 ET 5? Do you offer these offsets and also possibly a step up in the rears to 12".

I would also like a satin of mat black finish. Do you offer a durable finish that can handle track duty?

The car will have a 3.8 RS look in maratime blue.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:23 PM
WheelEnhancement
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cobalt
I am looking for something for track DE duty only.

I am building a widebody 964 on narrow body suspension. Other than the 305 which would be the strongest and most cost effective in a 9 x 18 ET 48 and 11 X 18 ET 5? Do you offer these offsets and also possibly a step up in the rears to 12".

I would also like a satin of mat black finish. Do you offer a durable finish that can handle track duty?

The car will have a 3.8 RS look in maratime blue.
Hello Cobalt,

Given the offset needed in the rear you will need to use one of the 3 piece options. I spoke with HRE and for a dedicated track set they would recommend the 305 or the 303 for that little extra strength.

The satin black HRE powder coated finish will be a perfect finish for your application. It's extremely durable and perfect for racing applications.

We could bump it to a 12" width, but based on your vehicle I would need to talk with you to confirm the modifications to determine where we would put the extra .5". Based on what you've told me I would imagine it would go to the inside, but I don't want to assume anything.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:01 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelEnhancement
Hello Cobalt,

Given the offset needed in the rear you will need to use one of the 3 piece options. I spoke with HRE and for a dedicated track set they would recommend the 305 or the 303 for that little extra strength.

The satin black HRE powder coated finish will be a perfect finish for your application. It's extremely durable and perfect for racing applications.

We could bump it to a 12" width, but based on your vehicle I would need to talk with you to confirm the modifications to determine where we would put the extra .5". Based on what you've told me I would imagine it would go to the inside, but I don't want to assume anything.
Guy I sent you an email then read this. The difference for a 12 would need to be on the inside. I will back later have to run.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. HRE make the best wheels IMO. I've seen them on some nice metal and they do enhance the car.

Out of my league though.

Quick Reply: Introducing the HRE Classic Series