Sponsored by:

The next newbie...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by moandrice
Now I've read it all - there ARE some who likes the stock ride height of a 964! Me, I don't mind some gap but the monster truck-esque gap on US 964s is just too much for me. This is a Porsche-centric first-world problem I need to think about.
Ha! Notice I say 'ROW' stock ride height. Not US spec. I agree the US height is more Paris Dakkar than sports car. Odd really. I'm debating on PSS10 or another option. My apologies for the thread jack! Love this new rennlisters 964. Mine below. http://s441.photobucket.com/user/bla...e1e17.jpg.htmlhttp://i441.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps291e1e17.jpg

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Not being able to post photos direct from my phone makes Rennlist much less enjoyable. Total PITA to post pics I loved the ability to post while I was working on my car and needed help with an issue. Not a fan of the change. Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 09-02-2014, 12:52 AM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This posting B.S. With pictures sucks. I am Getting real fed up with it. Shouldn't be that hard to fix. What we pay for right?
Oh, nice white coupe. Looks nice stock. Just give it a drop with Bilstejns and enjoy.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:20 AM
moandrice
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha! Notice I say 'ROW' stock ride height. Not US spec. I agree the US height is more Paris Dakkar than sports car. Odd really. I'm debating on PSS10 or another option. My apologies for the thread jack! Love this new rennlisters 964. Mine below.
************************************************************************ **********************************************************

Yup, tmistry, that's what happens when you start post stuff after bedtime. You read stuff that is or isn't there. You did write ROW... and I agree.

Also great 964. I think the black fuchs are a great mix with a white body. Come to think of it, you are riding in a slightly cleaner (body lines) version of the pre-964. Fuchs, zero tail, flags and rain gutters... a newer homage to the cars of the 70s and 80s.

Speaking of black and white - wanna trade interiors? I kid but I really want to change my white interior to another color. White insides with white outsides is just too much white for me.

Last edited by moandrice; 09-06-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:24 AM
moandrice
Intermediate

Originally Posted by greg1990964
This posting B.S. With pictures sucks. I am Getting real fed up with it. Shouldn't be that hard to fix. What we pay for right?
Oh, nice white coupe. Looks nice stock. Just give it a drop with Bilstejns and enjoy.
Thanks greg! I like the idea of squashing the gap and enjoying her in "stock" form.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Great looking 964.

Why do you want to change anything?

You mentioned sexier... how would you go about that on a 964?
Old 09-06-2014, 12:11 AM
moandrice
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Navaros911
Great looking 964.

Why do you want to change anything?

You mentioned sexier... how would you go about that on a 964?
Ah, I admit "sexier" did involve aeros, lower stance, and a set of mesh wheels with lips, especially on the rears. But believe it or not, some of you have convinced me that flags have an appeal. Yup, I see it. They scream 70s/80s 911 - just like its profile. I think they will stay. The fender gaps still have to go, though, and I do like the look of BBSs, CCW classics, etc. That's part of my sexy plan but I am in no rush at all...

That said, I still want to bring that sexy back. How? I'm gonna clean her up and give her a minor facelift. She is showing her age. Sure, some enthusiasts call it patina but I see them as flaws. The calipers are chipping, a fog light is cracked, the rear lenses are pink with cracks and the white interior is a little dirty/worn but really is the wrong color for me. Anyone want a complete 964 interior in white?
Old 09-06-2014, 12:22 AM
moandrice
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tmistry

[IMG][/IMG]
Hey tmistry, do you have a rear wiper back there? I don't see one; was it removed?
Old 09-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Enso
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice Paul we are all lucky to be able to own one of these beauties
enjoy!

glenn
Old 09-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Also great 964. I think the black fuchs are a great mix with a white body. Come to think of it, you are riding in a slightly cleaner (body lines) version of the pre-964. Fuchs, zero tail, flags and rain gutters... a newer homage to the cars of the 70s and 80s. Speaking of black and white - wanna trade interiors? I kid but I really want to change my white interior to another color. White insides with white outsides is just too much white for me.
Hey, thanks! I'm really loving my 964 and am part way through a never ending design project. My interior is burgundy and I really like it. Porsche is sometimes guilty if going overboard on interior color schemes, in my opinion. Burgundy 'everything' can quickly turn to BARFtacular. This is a strength, however, to those who want to update their seats, door cards, carpet, wheel, shift boot etc. I've tried to mellow down the strong burgundy by adding matte black and dark grey. I have new seats being done now by 'classic 9 leather shop - Bob Budd'. I hope to get the seats in the next few weeks and will post some interior shots after. I went with basket weave and grommets. Hopefully a nice look for my car.

Thinking of adding grey wool on the door cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 09-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Hey tmistry, do you have a rear wiper back there? I don't see one; was it removed?
Hi moandrice,

i did a rear wiper delete. It was totally useless and it just seemed in the way. The delete was sort of prompted by my radio delete. After I did removed the radio, I had the speaker holes on the back panel. I took that off to have it reupholstered without speaker holes and while it was out, decided to strip out the wiper.

I'm really into simplicity with this car and have tried to take off the parts I don't need or want. I'd like to totally remove the AC and power steering, but haven't done that yet. Perhaps I just need to buy a go kart.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:28 PM
moandrice
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tmistry
Hey, thanks! I'm really loving my 964 and am part way through a never ending design project. My interior is burgundy and I really like it. Porsche is sometimes guilty if going overboard on interior color schemes, in my opinion. Burgundy 'everything' can quickly turn to BARFtacular. This is a strength, however, to those who want to update their seats, door cards, carpet, wheel, shift boot etc. I've tried to mellow down the strong burgundy by adding matte black and dark grey. I have new seats being done now by 'classic 9 leather shop - Bob Budd'. I hope to get the seats in the next few weeks and will post some interior shots after. I went with basket weave and grommets. Hopefully a nice look for my car.

Thinking of adding grey wool on the door cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
yeah tmistry, please take some shots and post them. i would love to see your redone interior. i thought i would do a complete color change but a tasteful mix might be better. looking forward to it.

regarding the rear wiper, i played with the idea of deleting it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. better lines and cleaner look, hmmm, what plug did you use? i want a delete that stands up to time and weather. a/c and ps delete? i just cant do it. san antonio hovers around 100 degrees with humidity for the majority of the summer and i'm not hardcore enough to dump the cold air. and as for pulling the ps - my prior 77 911 gave me a work out; i can't imagine the punishment a steering rack geared for ps would be.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:02 AM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GP Whiite has grown on me the most in the past 5 years since I got my car. Congrats!
Old 09-14-2014, 03:57 PM
moandrice
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nr1416
GP Whiite has grown on me the most in the past 5 years since I got my car. Congrats!
Thanks NR - I know what you mean about GPW; it doesn't show off the 911 curves as well as the dark colors but it has an appeal.

Quick Reply: The next newbie...