Sponsored by:

Pacific Northwest 911

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Gas Passer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacific Northwest 911

Hello PNW and fellow RLers! I am fairly new to the Seattle area and am looking to get back into a 911. I made the mistake of selling my '07 C2S before leaving NC in Dec '12, live and learn. I was advised by many of you not to sell, but thought it was fine to keep the Cayenne S. My wife and I can walk to work and really don't need a car. But my heart and soul missed my 911. Got the blessing from wife to sell/trade her '09 Cayenne S and get back into a 911. She is excited as well. We drove a '90 C2 Cab at Park Place LTD last weekend and she really liked the air-cooled 911 experience. I am not really a cab guy, prefer a coupe maybe swayed by a targa.

I have decided to enter the air-cooled world. I originally wanted a 993, but was talked out of buying old school because of the need for great AC in NC (hot and humid). I am looking for a weekend car to make trip for hikes and weekend getaways to explore the great PNW, probably no more than 300-500 miles away. May want to make a run to central Cali though. Am open to an SC all the way up to a 993. My budget is flexible, am not looking for a collector car. I want to enjoy the car and drive it. Mechanically sound is what matters. A ding here or there will not be a deal breaker.

Would love any recommendations on local cars. Was very close to buying a rennlisters '95 993 C4 in SLC. I walk past Aker's everyday to get my fix on the way to work. I am looking at a couple local cars this weekend. Don't need to rush, but would love to get one before winter settles in if I did not buy local and need to drive over any mountain passes.

Cheers!
Gas Passer

Quick Reply: Pacific Northwest 911