Sponsored by:

Removed Center Console

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Removed Center Console

I just never really cared for the look of the center console and the way the brake handle looked. Decided to change that around and simplify the look as well as add foot plates to the side of the driver and passenger front tunnel. Shot these with glass bead for satin look.
Had to fabricate a few aluminum sections to cover all, as had to work around brake handle and get to fasten in properly. Fabricated a housing to clip the gear shift boot in place. Then covered the new tunnel area with a light weight water proof carpet ( read marine grade ). Any way here are a few pictures of present condition as I continue to finish the interior.
Attached Images      
Old 09-25-2014, 04:29 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

A recent Vandit post reminded me that someone did a DIY on how to reattach/fix the tabs on the plastic panel that holds the spoiler dial.

While searching for that, I found this thread. WOW Gus, I missed this the first time. Very impressive.
Any updated pics.

Oh yeah, can someone point me to the spoiler **** broken tabs thread... I'd love to fix mine the right way before I end up drilling a screw through it to hold it down...

A pic for reference:
Old 09-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Here's the console tab repair thread. It's on the 993 forum.
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ate-cover.html
Old 09-25-2014, 08:43 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Thanks Vandit, that's why I couldn't find. Had to search through a bunch of your old threads... Lots of good reading!
Old 09-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Sorry no new post - after looking at what I had done, decided that I liked the look of the passenger side over the driver side so am redoing that. Then have redesigned the center are in front of gear shift to allow for window switches. Am fumbling around with an easy open access panel area to get to switches and wiring without have to take all apart. Will post pictures when I get changes made -

Quick Reply: Removed Center Console