Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Wing hard to get back on

Old 07-22-2014, 09:59 AM
CBR786
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Wing hard to get back on

I removed my front wing on the drivers side the one with the petrol flap.
The wing has been sitting in my garage for over a year.

I tried to fit the wing myself it is difficult as it is a big and bulky item to man handle. I get the top bolts to line up along the bonnet edge and I am able to screw in the bolts just to get them started on this section.

The wing bolts that go in the wheel well along the A post the ones that are normally covered in sealant are really hard to line up. The wing seems to have bowed out ?? I have to apply a lot of pressure to get the holes to line up. Is this normal ? It feels abnormal to me I assumed the wing would line up easily being it is freshly painted and all the old under sealant has been removed.

I am pressing hard applying a lot of pressure to the door gap and wing gap line applying inwards pressure to get the holes to line up? the petrol cap inner section lined up ok and the petrol flap hinge has cleared the wing ok

all other wing bolts holes line up okay it is just the four five inner wing bolts that are hard. I feel maybe the wing might have bowed out slightly but I do not know how this is possible as I stored it carefully.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front Wing hard to get back on