Sponsored by:

ON MY 3RD SUNROOF SEAL-PHOTOS

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 01:26 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts
Default ON MY 3RD SUNROOF SEAL-PHOTOS

I have been to the shop 3 times and this is the way the sunroof seal looks a month after the last visit.
Am I missing something? Is this rocket telemetry or do you buy a new seal and just glue it in?
This is the 3rd time I have paid for a new seal, the front is raised up too far the the back seems like there is too much material and doesn't want to lie flat.
Can anyone tell me, do these just glue in (per the shop) or is there another step we have not taken that prevents this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images   
Old 07-21-2014, 04:37 PM
dave964diver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These felt seals are fiddle as f××k.

I used contact adhesive to glue mine in after the respray. The bead part of the felt seal should be as tight as poss on the edge of the rim.

Get fresh contact adhesive and do this job when the weather is cooler or out of direct sunlight. Both the felt and the edge of the sunroof need to have adhesive applied.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:13 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

Thanks, I took it to a shop and I should say, they/we are on our 3rd sunroof seal, they can't seem to get it right. I see there is nothing difficult just fiddly so maybe need a new shop.
Thanks,
Old 07-22-2014, 04:59 PM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think mine's had three or four attempts and still isn't right. I think there is an issue with the current crop of porsche supplied seals, they seem too fat.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:52 PM
ras62
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If the roof has been painted the roof and seals can become very tight. Its a pain of a job, the front seal should not be cut, it glues down and under where it meets the rear strip. The rear strip should be more simple but I'm at a loss to understand how yours has pushed up like that, it looks like the adhesive has not set...but there is no force on the rear of the panel to make it rise like that?

Quick Reply: ON MY 3RD SUNROOF SEAL-PHOTOS