Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunday=car day

Old 07-20-2014, 01:57 PM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sunday=car day

Fixed the driver's power seat today, to go with the passenger window, interior lights, alarm, and clock which I did last weekend. Very satisfying to be making some headway.

I thoroughly rounded one of the seat bolts and ended up chiseling it out. Used up a years allowance of luck by finding a brand new replacement bolt dropped under the seat by the last mechanic to work on it!

Swapped the seat backs over so I can get the damaged bolster on the (ex)drivers seat fixed and still have the car mobile. That's a nice simple job btw.

I pulled the chip from the ecu to read it to see if anything obvious was causing the rough idle and low rpm issue, looks like its an early ecu layout and the address file i have for tunerpro won't load it...

600 miles into running-in I've got the green light from Redtek to raise the rev limit from 4k to 5k, where the fun really starts. Had a good blast on my local "route". Although the good weather has brought out the idiots and I saw a couple of ugly crashes so I quit early.

I heard from Peep in the week and my new ECU will be with me very soon, which is quite exciting!

Sad to see James Garner's no longer with us, BBC 2 are showing Grand Prix - fitting tribute. As I type he just crossed the line to win Spa.

What are all you lovely folks up to?
Old 07-20-2014, 02:05 PM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 116 Posts

Still working through my stereo system upgrade. I should be doing the door panels today.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:32 PM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cleaning a thousand dead flys and hot rubber off the 64
Old 07-20-2014, 04:05 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clinchy993
Cleaning a thousand dead flys and hot rubber off the 64
+1 but my rubber did not get as hot as yours.......you was flying tony!!
Old 07-20-2014, 04:20 PM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fuch
+1 but my rubber did not get as hot as yours.......you was flying tony!!

Ran out of fuel mid afternoon ,switched to 993 and had some fun chasing down a 996tt and a 997 S with the other Mark MF-RSR Great fun
Old 07-21-2014, 02:58 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Met up with a couple of local rennlisters and watched the world's slowest (and messiest) oil change

Then got some much needed assistance with removing the studs from my broken hood emblem. Thanks Tom and Ramon!
Old 07-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Obviously the guy who engineered those oil canisters had never changed the oil on a 964 before, lol.

All of the mess was from (a) the crank drain plug falling into the canister drain hole and causing the canister to overflow and (b) the slightly longer WIX oil filter being a bear to remove from the cramped quarters, all while hot oil was pouring out of the filter and into the engine compartment, lol.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:32 PM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandit
Obviously the guy who engineered those oil canisters had never changed the oil on a 964 before, lol.

All of the mess was from (a) the crank drain plug falling into the canister drain hole and causing the canister to overflow and (b) the slightly longer WIX oil filter being a bear to remove from the cramped quarters, all while hot oil was pouring out of the filter and into the engine compartment, lol.
Sounds like standard operating proceedure to me

I use the open style drain pans now, marginaly less opportunity for ecological catastrophes!
Old 07-21-2014, 04:22 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

I managed to fit my newly aquired Brey Krause harness bar, which is a very nicely made piece of kit

Thanks to Boxsey for the heads up on its availability ;thumbup:
Old 07-21-2014, 07:18 PM
tfitch03
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vagluv
Met up with a couple of local rennlisters and watched the world's slowest (and messiest) oil change

Then got some much needed assistance with removing the studs from my broken hood emblem. Thanks Tom and Ramon!
It wasn't THAT messy, its just that boiling hot oil is hard to handle. I did almost bite *** this morning walking across my garage floor.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:03 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tfitch03
It wasn't THAT messy, its just that boiling hot oil is hard to handle. I did almost bite *** this morning walking across my garage floor.
Hey it's your garage floor, so i guess you get to decide what messy is!

And I should edit my initial post to say "longest" oil change, just because it's such a long process, and you guys were only taking your time because there wasn't any reason not to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunday=car day