Great 964 WHEELS FS Thread - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

964 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great 964 WHEELS FS Thread

Reply

Old 06-19-2014, 08:57 PM
  #31  
niche
Super User
 
niche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 3,334
Default

^^^^
Those veloce seem too wide for a nb. Are they?
niche is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:49 PM
  #32  
EConPCH
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Default

They came off of a 930. I pulled the information on what they will fit on from Veloce's website so I only know for sure that they will fit on a Turbo. As for the rear offset: its 21, thanks!
EConPCH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:07 PM
  #33  
dsan
User
 
dsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 310
Default

Originally Posted by EConPCH View Post
They came off of a 930. I pulled the information on what they will fit on from Veloce's website so I only know for sure that they will fit on a Turbo. As for the rear offset: its 21, thanks!
They'd be VERY aggressive for a nb. Someone could pull it off but a great deal of camber would be needed along with narrower tires for the front and rear. GLWS though, done correctly, they'd look great on a show car!
dsan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:17 AM
  #34  
BLACK-BETTY
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
BLACK-BETTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,387
Default

Originally Posted by dsan View Post
They'd be VERY aggressive for a nb. Someone could pull it off but a great deal of camber would be needed along with narrower tires for the front and rear. GLWS though, done correctly, they'd look great on a show car!
These will not fit a narrow body even with aggressive camber and super stretched tyres. Just thought I'd blur the statement with fact.

Last edited by BLACK-BETTY; 06-21-2014 at 08:35 AM.
BLACK-BETTY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:48 PM
  #35  
dsan
User
 
dsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 310
Default

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY View Post
These will not fit a narrow body even with aggressive camber and super stretched tyres. Just thought I'd blur the statement with fact.
Just curious on why? You've been at this game much longer then I have so I'm sure you're right. Time for this student (me) to get a lesson

I thought they could fit with a little work going off of what my car was running (wheel/tire size) when I bought it. I was 18x8.5 et 46 and 18x10 et also 46. By my calculations his 8" et 36 equal out to almost dead even as mine (in fact I think 2.4 mm less outer lip) while the rears would be 12.5mm wider at the outer lip. Granted a 1/2" is a decent amount different but I'm VERY low and with just a little camber and rolled quarters I have at least that amount of room in the fender well.
dsan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:17 AM
  #36  
BHCfarkas
User
 
BHCfarkas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 434
Default

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY View Post
These will not fit a narrow body even with aggressive camber and super stretched tyres. Just thought I'd blur the statement with fact.
If that's fact, then I've done the impossible.

I'm running
17x8.75 ET37 front
17x10.5 ET31 rear

If you crunch numbers, my rear wheels poke 3mm more than the wheels you say won't fit. You could say, "yeah but yours are 17s", but with a decent stretched tire on the 18", it'll fit just the same as mine- totally doable if you're brave
BHCfarkas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:58 AM
  #37  
BLACK-BETTY
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
BLACK-BETTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,387
Default

Originally Posted by dsan View Post
Just curious on why? You've been at this game much longer then I have so I'm sure you're right. Time for this student (me) to get a lesson I thought they could fit with a little work going off of what my car was running (wheel/tire size) when I bought it. I was 18x8.5 et 46 and 18x10 et also 46. By my calculations his 8" et 36 equal out to almost dead even as mine (in fact I think 2.4 mm less outer lip) while the rears would be 12.5mm wider at the outer lip. Granted a 1/2" is a decent amount different but I'm VERY low and with just a little camber and rolled quarters I have at least that amount of room in the fender well.

Originally Posted by BHCfarkas View Post
If that's fact, then I've done the impossible. I'm running 17x8.75 ET37 front 17x10.5 ET31 rear If you crunch numbers, my rear wheels poke 3mm more than the wheels you say won't fit. You could say, "yeah but yours are 17s", but with a decent stretched tire on the 18", it'll fit just the same as mine- totally doable if you're brave
You're right - my mistake.

I have a question would 10ET12 and 11ET8 fit?
BLACK-BETTY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:57 AM
  #38  
Pkblu
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 166
Default

Rennlister name: PKBlu
Asking price: $2800
Location: US - Upstate NY
Will ship to: Anywhere
Ad Link: Here on Rennlist
Condition: Full Rebuild
Wheel make: Work
Wheel mode: Brombaucher
Alu Offsets: 56 Front 56 Rear
Width/ J: 8J Front 10J Rear
Diameter: 18"
Tyres: None
Attached Images  
Pkblu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:54 PM
  #39  
BHCfarkas
User
 
BHCfarkas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 434
Default

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY View Post
You're right - my mistake.

I have a question would 10ET12 and 11ET8 fit?
That's a no, for sure.
BHCfarkas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:27 AM
  #40  
BLACK-BETTY
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
BLACK-BETTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,387
Default

Originally Posted by BHCfarkas View Post
That's a no, for sure.
Well technically these fit also. With 4x4 ride height, tyre and geo.... My point being that yes lots of fitments fit but that doesn't mean they fit.

I suppose my use of the word 'fact' was daft when there are cases of extreme fitments, as you demonstrate... I've learnt something here. That I clearly have no idea about stretch tyre 'fitment' because the word's definition is different to mine.

Anyway my next thought is on a 275 rear I want to run

Last edited by BLACK-BETTY; 06-23-2014 at 08:33 AM.
BLACK-BETTY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:31 PM
  #41  
MusicMadMike
User
 
MusicMadMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oxted, Surrey, UK
Posts: 304
Default

Oh great understanders of offsets and wheels would this configuration work under a NB 964

8Jx18, ET50
10Jx18, ET52

I still don't understand
MusicMadMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:11 PM
  #42  
dsan
User
 
dsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 310
Default

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY View Post
Well technically these fit also. With 4x4 ride height, tyre and geo.... My point being that yes lots of fitments fit but that doesn't mean they fit.

I suppose my use of the word 'fact' was daft when there are cases of extreme fitments, as you demonstrate... I've learnt something here. That I clearly have no idea about stretch tyre 'fitment' because the word's definition is different to mine.

Anyway my next thought is on a 275 rear I want to run
I tired to be polite because I really thought you knew something I didn't. Guess I was wrong, I didn't expect a pissing match about et and wheel size.

We all have different idea and opinions, with NONE of them being wrong. Just because you don't like a particular style doesn't mean it should be shunned. Not too long ago, what you've done to yours was blasphemy, modifying a perfectly good 911 to non-stock, non oem. Just please remember there are a ton of different styles and opinions running around on both sides of the pond, to each their own

And honestly, even though it's not my "style", I really am interested in seeing the 275 under the arches. I think what you've done to your 964 is awesome and I am absolutely a fan of it. Can't wait for more updates


Originally Posted by MusicMadMike View Post
Oh great understanders of offsets and wheels would this configuration work under a NB 964

8Jx18, ET50
10Jx18, ET52

I still don't understand
Depending on your style and what you're looking for, yes they'd fit. The rears will be tight by the oil lines though. I'd think about running a 8-10mm spacer just to make sure you avoid any rubbing issues. And be prepared to run stretched tires (245 or 255) on the rears if you plan on being any lower then rs height.
dsan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:49 AM
  #43  
BLACK-BETTY
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
BLACK-BETTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,387
Default

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike View Post
Oh great understanders of offsets and wheels would this configuration work under a NB 964 8Jx18, ET50 10Jx18, ET52 I still don't understand
Hi! Yup this will fit perfect. As dsan kindly suggests you'll want to add rear spacers to get an ET of 40-47 depending on how aggressive you want to go.

Remember a shim over 5mm IMO should really use longer wheel studs. Especially on track.

Originally Posted by dsan View Post
I tired to be polite because I really thought you knew something I didn't. Guess I was wrong, I didn't expect a pissing match about et and wheel size. We all have different idea and opinions, with NONE of them being wrong. Just because you don't like a particular style doesn't mean it should be shunned.
My friend, I'm sorry. It's all harmless. I was just demonstrating that with stretch tyre fitment the boundaries of fitment are very different. Which IMO makes sense within a thread about wheels, that come in offsets to accommodate the slammed and none slammed guys.

No such thing as wrong, as you say. For the record - no bad blood

Originally Posted by dsan View Post
I think what you've done to your 964 is awesome and I am absolutely a fan of it. Can't wait for more updates
Thanks for the kind words.
BLACK-BETTY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:13 AM
  #44  
Goughary
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Goughary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: fairfield, CT
Posts: 2,996
Default

Here's a question for those that may know...I am on my phone posting this so can't post a picture, but in this stuttcars page on the 964, you see a red 1989 c4 just above the tip transmission. The caption states that it has clubsport wheels.

Exactly what wheels are on this car? Clubsports were forged and from what I know, the forged Clubsports didn't have the right offset to mount without spacers. These look like Clubsports, but they also don't look to be forged, they look just like a cast d90, with more of a clubsport-like profile. I have never seen these in any other picture.

Any clue? Were they ever available?

https://www.stuttcars.com/porsche-models/911/964/
Goughary is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:38 PM
  #45  
roadiesean
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 51
Default

Will these fit my 1989 C4 ?

7.5J x 17 ET (mm) 65 Part Number: 993 362 124 00

9J x 17 ET (mm) 55 Part Number: 993 362 128 00
roadiesean is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: