LuckyP's Track Day Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 06:58 PM
LuckyP
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Rephlex
It is now clear why the other car had to go
This one is certainly more of a challenge!!!

Worth it in the end I hope!
Old 02-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine went to Raikku at Christmas. It's leaving the paint shop this weekend having been jigged and resprayed. Ready in ~3-4 weeks
Old 02-10-2016, 06:24 AM
porsche mania
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your car still at horncastle? I'm only ten minutes away and have a freshly built full cup spec motor in my car if you wanted to try before you commit.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:29 AM
LuckyP
Racer

Mine went to Raikku at Christmas. It's leaving the paint shop this weekend having been jigged and resprayed. Ready in ~3-4 weeks
Man, bet cha cant wait!!

Originally Posted by porsche mania
Is your car still at horncastle? I'm only ten minutes away and have a freshly built full cup spec motor in my car if you wanted to try before you commit.
Was it a Redtek build? I'm committed now (or should be committed ).

But next time I'm up to see the car I'd love to come out in it.

How you finding it?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:07 AM
porsche mania
Pro

Originally Posted by LuckyP
Man, bet cha cant wait!!

Was it a Redtek build? I'm committed now (or should be committed ).

But next time I'm up to see the car I'd love to come out in it.

How you finding it?
Redtek did all the heads, case work and balancing so will be exactly the same spec as yours will have, the assembly was done by a good friend who works at 911sport in horncastle. Dave cross did the sunroof delete and screen surrounds on my car.
The car runs great, the balancing made a huge difference. The torque curve is flat as you like so roll on power is great especially if your trying to keep the revs down so you hear what the other half is saying! The cup cams like to be rung out though and don't really wake up until the last couple of thousand rpm. Pulls really hard all the way to the redline, so much so I've been considering raising it to 7300. I've had the car on a dyno and it made 251bhp and 224 ft/lb of torque at the wheels which for what is basicly a massaged standard engine with a set of cams is very respectable. Oh and throttle response is insane! I'm gonna re gear the box next to make it a little more flexible and then it'll be perfect.
Just message me if your up this way and your welcome to have a spin, any excuse for a drive! The car is off the road for another month while my shiny new moton clubsport shocks are fitted but any time after that is fine. You'll be well pleased with it when you motor is done, sure is hard waiting though. Jim.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:01 AM
LuckyP
Racer

Originally Posted by porsche mania
Redtek did all the heads, case work and balancing so will be exactly the same spec as yours will have, the assembly was done by a good friend who works at 911sport in horncastle. Dave cross did the sunroof delete and screen surrounds on my car.
The car runs great, the balancing made a huge difference. The torque curve is flat as you like so roll on power is great especially if your trying to keep the revs down so you hear what the other half is saying! The cup cams like to be rung out though and don't really wake up until the last couple of thousand rpm. Pulls really hard all the way to the redline, so much so I've been considering raising it to 7300. I've had the car on a dyno and it made 251bhp and 224 ft/lb of torque at the wheels which for what is basicly a massaged standard engine with a set of cams is very respectable. Oh and throttle response is insane! I'm gonna re gear the box next to make it a little more flexible and then it'll be perfect.
Just message me if your up this way and your welcome to have a spin, any excuse for a drive! The car is off the road for another month while my shiny new moton clubsport shocks are fitted but any time after that is fine. You'll be well pleased with it when you motor is done, sure is hard waiting though. Jim.
Jim that sounds amazing!!! I cant wait!!

yes - I'll certainly pop round - April time probs. Perhaps I'll bring the GT3 up to Cadwell for a blat!?
Old 02-11-2016, 04:58 PM
porsche mania
Pro

Cadwell sounds like a good plan! The offer is open any time. Are you having Nick do the case work and cylinder mooning as part of the build?
Old 03-16-2016, 05:07 AM
LuckyP
Racer

Nick and his team are almost ready to assemble....

Old 03-16-2016, 05:09 AM
LuckyP
Racer

Quite a large chunk of weight saved with this super light bonnet:

Old 07-13-2016, 05:12 PM
LuckyP
Racer

Nick at RedTek has finished. That was painless.

Now put to one side while we get the car finished.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:15 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Superb. How long til you have progress with the rest of the car?
Old 07-13-2016, 05:18 PM
LuckyP
Racer

Jim!! I totally forgot to give you a shout. I zoomed up to Andy's to take a look at the car. In and out in a couple of hours:

Old 07-13-2016, 05:19 PM
LuckyP
Racer

Superb. How long til you have progress with the rest of the car?
Hey James,

Progress above, slow and steady.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Proper Porsche ****! Looking incredible. I don't remember you changing from black to blue - but then again it's been so long I could easily have forgotten. I thought mine took an age at 5 months!
Old 07-13-2016, 05:23 PM
LuckyP
Racer

Proper Porsche ****! Looking incredible. I don't remember you changing from black to blue - but then again it's been so long I could easily have forgotten. I thought mine took an age at 5 months!
No! Outside is just a mist coat until the lengthy rebuild is completed. It'll get its basalt black coat just before window and trim goes in.

Quick Reply: LuckyP's Track Day Project