Sponsored by:

NOT Selling this car!! Various project questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Seaflat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOT Selling this car!! Various project questions

Well I was going to finally sell my 964 (1993, 143,000, great mechanical shape) . I was looking at moving “up” to a 997 (2009 plus to get away from the IMS threat) THEN I made a critical mistake (or fortunate decision). I had the car professionally detailed. WOW I never thought I would pay someone to clean up my car, but I was naive. This guy clay bared, compounded, polished, waxed, shampooed and everything else for 200 bucks (US). Now the car looks fantastic and my bumpers and mirrors are no longer pink but actually Guards red!!

Now I can’t part with it again….so I am on to doing some projects on the 964 instead of dropping an additional 20k for a good 997.

Really I just need a few short projects to get where I want to be:
1. Suspension – All original with the responsiveness of an old mattress. I don’t want to go to hard and low so I think I am going with HR and Bilisteins. However there is now a package deal with Konis and HR. I don’t think these are like coil overs but they are supposed to be matched and adjustable. Anyone have any experience with these ? Manufacturer Part #: 1140-8131

2. Gauge: My gauge for oil pressure and temp has all the covering peeling off and that is now sticking the gauge. I am thinking of just sending that off to refurbish OR doing the wholes set in white. Any recommendations on places in the US

3. Stereo: Need to replace the door speakers and want to keep an original look. I saw a thread about speakers and have thought about just replacing the speakers or having them re-coned. I just want it to look right. Thoughts? AND I want a new head unit so I can have Bluetooth in the car and use and ipod. I don’t need it to be an audiophile stereo just sound decent. I want the door speakers modified as little as possible. Don’t care if the crossovers and tweeter are disconnected or used…..just want easy.

Would love some feedback on these small projects!

I am sticking around!
Old 03-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Seaflat
Instructor

Sorry can't seem to get the link to work for the shocks....Koni Manufacturer Part #: 1140-8131
Old 03-27-2014, 09:16 PM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hollywood Speedometer has a good rep.

No personal experience though.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:59 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

I have KWV3's, they are great, adjustable, I'm really pleased with them.
Also look at Bilstein PS10's and the various H&R's all mentioned many times here on RL.
Glad to see you've decided not to down grade to a 997.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Seaflat
Instructor

I am not sure I am going to spend that much to get the KWV3's. The koni kit I was referencing I don't think is really considered coil overs. I think it is more just a matched spring/shock set. The springs are Eibachs Here is the link to the set Link
Old 03-28-2014, 10:13 AM
bhmkv
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! Same thing happened to friend of mine. Car sat in storage for over a year. Wentbto sell and had it detailed. Now he is not sure.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:14 AM
bhmkv
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jmo I like your 964 over a 997 anyday.

Quick Reply: NOT Selling this car!! Various project questions