Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Herd mentality at its finest. Perhaps we should x-post this thread there? 🙄
Old 02-17-2019, 12:17 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

I’m no Euro 964 expert but what’s with the yellow corners..?? As for price I will just leave this right here....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F303061328005
Old 02-17-2019, 11:40 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
I’m no Euro 964 expert but what’s with the yellow corners..?? As for price I will just leave this right here....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F303061328005
Different countries received different lights. IIRC French cars have yellow corners and fog light lenses. But they don't say what country it is from. They might have been changed when brought into the US.

The color is rare and fantastic but was available as a standard color. However the price is outlandish and I suspect some serious work done and more than meets the eye. The interior might have been swapped but is in very rough shape. The turbos came with turbo script embroidered on the rear seats which this car is missing. Carpet is lifted seats and center console torn etc etc. Color might make this worth $140k to someone assuming there aren't more issues and extensive paintwork but $199k is out of line. I hope they get it but I suspect this will be around and bounce around from shop to shop for a while before someone actually buys it.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:23 PM
Earlydays
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I wonder if the car has been in water....strange to see rust on the front indicator/fog light screws and on the screws on the top of the bumper behind the seal.
The poorly fitted carpet may be explained by removal and sloppy re-installation required to dry out the car...just wondering??
Old 02-17-2019, 12:32 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

You gotta love the seller’s listing note on ‘don’t waste our time with regular color price comparables’

You can get a perfect wrap in same color for about $7-$9K locally. Save yourself $50K. These prices are just bonkers..
Old 02-17-2019, 01:05 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

I think anyone thinking of buying a car from Real Muscle Cars of Miami, should do a little research on the dealer. Over the years I have read many of his Porsche descriptions that were, "never let the facts interfere with a good story".

Just saying.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:27 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 149 Posts

Guys, That BAT car may not be for everyone, but the seller seems very up front about everything including the time it took him to put it together, he didn't try to make it sound like a years long hard project, i think everyone should look at it for what it is- a cosmetically modded 964 that looks pretty good to a certain audience- no reason to knock it so hard, people have diff tastes.

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
Herd mentality at its finest. Perhaps we should x-post this thread there? ��

Only someone like you would think to do that to someone trying to sell their car & earn some money- you really have to be cut from a certain cloth to even suggest that.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:46 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Guys, That BAT car may not be for everyone, but the seller seems very up front about everything including the time it took him to put it together, he didn't try to make it sound like a years long hard project, i think everyone should look at it for what it is- a cosmetically modded 964 that looks pretty good to a certain audience- no reason to knock it so hard, people have diff tastes.

Only someone like you would think to do that to someone trying to sell their car & earn some money- you really have to be cut from a certain cloth to even suggest that.
"Like me" ?? Whats that supposed to mean ? If your referring to posting this thread on BAT (as I suggested) to allow potential bidders to see what more informed and experienced enthusiasts think about the build rather than the usual BAT fanboy comments who have no clue what they're talking about....then I'll take that as a compliment. But, I know you didn't mean it that way and you continue to change your tune about the car in question stating in a another thread:

I think thats a little harsh, the seller on the BAT car is a respected body shop & well known for his work, i would absolutely not call his car a "polished turd" These cars are 30 years old and don't have to be "perfect" & "pure" the car on BAT serves a purpose & is a very appealing car to a certain type of buyer (which there are many of) Also he's spent a lot of money & time on it, i think its a great car overall from what i see at least
Make up your mind dude. A lot of other more senior and experienced members here have also commented about how the car was thrown together without much thought...but I guess guys "like" you are into painting dinky calipers red and adding a bunch of stickers to make the car faster...rather than learning how to heel-toe to go fast
Take care.
​​​​​​​

Old 02-17-2019, 07:26 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
"Like me" ?? Whats that supposed to mean ? If your referring to posting this thread on BAT (as I suggested) to allow potential bidders to see what more informed and experienced enthusiasts think about the build rather than the usual BAT fanboy comments who have no clue what they're talking about....then I'll take that as a compliment. But, I know you didn't mean it that way and you continue to change your tune about the car in question stating in a another thread:

Make up your mind dude. A lot of other more senior and experienced members here have also commented about how the car was thrown together without much thought...but I guess guys "like" you are into painting dinky calipers red and adding a bunch of stickers to make the car faster...rather than learning how to heel-toe to go fast
Take care.
How did i change my tune? He did indeed spend a lot of his time and money on it, (but not like a full long year restoration) you have some mental issues- and yes if you want to go and sabotage the guys listing then surely you are a low life, now if the guy was lying or hiding flaws in the car thats another issue- but he's very straight forward in his listing and people will make their own minds up. Something tells me you were bullied or slapped around a bit in high school by your peers and now think youre some type of internet warrior always talking out of your ........ as for the heel and toe, i'll tell you where i'll put my entire foot.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:00 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

How did i change my tune? He did indeed spend a lot of his time and money on it, (but not like a full long year restoration) you have some mental issues- and yes if you want to go and sabotage the guys listing then surely you are a low life, now if the guy was lying or hiding flaws in the car thats another issue- but he's very straight forward in his listing and people will make their own minds up. Something tells me you were bullied or slapped around a bit in high school by your peers and now think youre some type of internet warrior always talking out of your ........ as for the heel and toe, i'll tell you where i'll put my entire foot.
Lets get something straight...I never suggested anyone "sabotage" the sellers auction. My comment was more of a tongue-in-cheek suggestion that apparently you've taken way too seriously and have now resorted to personal insults. You keep saying the seller spent a lot of time and money on it, which is incorrect, from what the seller has stated in the auction they spent TWO WEEKS on the build. So your wrong on the time part and no I don't have any mental issues but you clearly have some reading comprehension issues as well as some fairly thin skin and also a weird fetish in terms of where you like to put your toes. You need to lighten up pal.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:22 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

The RMC Taho Blue 964 with the rear end issues was sold to Abru Motors, here’s the link: https://clients.automanager.com/0203...b058b?Framed=1

Old 02-17-2019, 11:00 PM
Dtronics
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
The RMC Taho Blue 964 with the rear end issues was sold to Abru Motors, here’s the link: https://clients.automanager.com/0203...b058b?Framed=1

So this went from seller on eBay, RMC, auction, and now Abreu... correct?
Old 02-17-2019, 11:11 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Dtronics

So this went from seller on eBay, RMC, auction, and now Abreu... correct?
I don’t know if it went to auction after RMC, I think it may have been purchased directly from RMC. I noted on IG that Abreu was going to backdate it but I see it’s now listed for sale.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:45 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

I always wonder whatever happens to the actual end buyers of all of these cars that are swiss cheesed in here?. Save for a few and far between examples you never here from them nor their new owners ever again in this forum. Maybe all this 'over curating' is also helping to exterminate the hobby. I can see how a newbie buyer would zip it before posting anything here about their new (to them) ride after reading some of the stuff in here.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:54 PM
Dtronics
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue

I don’t know if it went to auction after RMC, I think it may have been purchased directly from RMC. I noted on IG that Abreu was going to backdate it but I see it’s now listed for sale.
There’s a lot of detail about that car here: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-hammered.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale